"B Food Science and Human Nutrition" (1 Viewer)

Icystealer

HSC
Just wondering is anyone doing this course. I know im not at uni yet but curious what people think of it, that are doing it or know of people doing it.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
The one offered at Ourimbah? I don't think there's anyone who visits here that knows anything about that course, sorry. If you have any other questions we might be able to help, but the only advice I can offer is to look at the descriptions of the courses you will do.

Icystealer

HSC
Well been interested in this degree for a while now and yeah im talking abt the one offered at Ourimbah.
Ummm where the heck is the Ourimbah campus been there but never seen a uni campus there. Also wats the ourimbah campus like?

@The_highwayman
Ask your mate about it for me or direct him to this thread please?

@em_516
Helpful. Have u done it?

maude24

HSC
N/A
A friend of mine did this course but wanted to change to Nutrition and Dietetics after she found out that you can't register as a dietitan with the B Food Science and Human Nutrition program. It wasn't as easy to change as she thought it would be. My advice would be to research both programs, and career oportunities before you apply for this degree.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Gasperation.
Take jumb's advice and look at the required courses for the degree.
This has information on the Central Coast campus, and again as jumb said, I'm fairly sure no one on these forums (who posts regularly at least) goes there.

The only thing I know about Nutrition and Dietetics (which I assume is different to Food Science and Human Nutrition in some way) is that it's more complex than people think.

Icystealer

HSC
One thing im not sure about this course is if it will allow me to go into a wide variety of jobs in the food industry. Like maude said you cant register as a dietitan but is that really required in the food industry?

4unitfreak

HSC
A friend from high school does it. She says it's ok but her lecturers are shit.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
One thing im not sure about this course is if it will allow me to go into a wide variety of jobs in the food industry. Like maude said you cant register as a dietitan but is that really required in the food industry?
As far as i can tell.. the B. Food Sci & Human nutrition course is more targeted toward the food industry. Good idea to get both course descriptions up and compare them.

You do have common courses with the N&D program, but we focus a lot more on the dietetics side of things in 3rd and 4th year. If your looking at going into the food industry, pretty much don't do N&D.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
As far as i can tell.. the B. Food Sci & Human nutrition course is more targeted toward the food industry. Good idea to get both course descriptions up and compare them.

You do have common courses with the N&D program, but we focus a lot more on the dietetics side of things in 3rd and 4th year. If your looking at going into the food industry, pretty much don't do N&D.
zomg you haven't posted in ages

LiLi.azndoll

HSC
N/A
I'm doing this but at a different uni and it doesnt have food science in its title.
Newscastle is too far for me and im not allowed to go live there im still 17 lol

Im not interested in working in the food industry, its processing or becoming a food technologist or cooking - hospo. I did food tech during hsc so i got an idea of what food science was.
But I'm really interested in learning about nutrition. I love talking about it. Though i still have very little knowledge of nutrition.

I'm doing Biology 1 Chemistry 1 Maths 1 and Food Science 1 as my subjects.
The 2nd and 3rd years of uni will have more human nutrition related subjects.

It not very popular.

lol sorry if i blabbed on.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yeah this degree won't let you be a dietitian, it's the same at CSU. It literally has to have 'nutrition and dietetics' or something gay in the title.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
zomg you haven't posted in ages
Whoa, i noes!!! Crazy stuff.. Hows engineering going? Or perhaps im so out of touch that everyone's finished already..

Highwayman, im still chugging along in 4th year... so i still may have need for extreme procrastinating :p What are you up to now anywho, all done?

Aaand for relevance sake.. if one does the 3 year food science and human nutrition degree, im pretty sure there is a 1 year add on that can be done somewhere to get the dietitian credential.

Icystealer

HSC
Wow i totally forgot about this thread i made and now for my reply.

LiLi.azndoll im interested in which uni you went to do this course and wat UAI u needed.
I never planned to be a dietitian i want to go into the Australia Food Industy and mainly into research and development if possible.
Also LiLi.azndoll you did this degree but it allows u to become a dietitan where-ever you doing it at or is it the same as Newwy where u cant become a dietitan?

I thought CSU doesnt have a course like this... we had some lady come to our school and i asked her and she said they dont have this degree or am i misinformed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)