hmmm.. (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, eventually i want to do occupational therapy, but i have known all along there was no way i would get the marks required, so i have planned to do a b science for first yr then transfer.
last yr b science was (i think) about 70.xx.
i got 73.30, and with the four points that will take me up to 77.30, do you think that will be enough to get me in, or do you think the cutoff will skyrocket?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
I don't think the cutoff will skyrocket as there hasnt been any huge cut in the number of places for science or a huge increase in demand. Good luck :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
yeah, thats what i was hoping...like i can understand arts, law, med, all those kinda degrees going up coz their heaps popular, but it doesnt seem as if too many people wanna do B.Sc (i cant blaim them too much, i only wanna do it as a stepping stone to my desired course) so thats pretty much what im relying on.
fingers crossed!

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
What subjects are you hopefully doing in B. Science, hipsta_jess? I'm hoping to do Biological Studies, Chemistry and Physics/Psychology.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
after the shit hsc chem caused me, there is no way im doing it for another year!
ill have to have a good look at which will serve me best when trying to transfer, but prob biology n psychology (not completely sure yet though)

juggernaut

HSC
whats occupational therapy mark jess??

id like to do physio at newcastle.. dunno if id get 97 tho.. is it always possible to transfer??

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
occ.ther. is around 90

its not always possible (in that not everyone gets in) but i have a better chance than most as long as i do well enough marks wise in b.sc.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
you only really need 93 + for physio if you are local, because of the regional access bonus points

juggernaut

HSC
im in sydney
ill prolly just do it at usyd.. its 94 there
i heard its really shit but

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by juggernaut
how do u know what courses to do in order to transfer
theres no set 'u have to do this course or u cant transfer' but u just try to pick a course such as science or arts or something, then pick similar subjects
or you could do something totally unrelated

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
science is a good course to choose if you want to transfer because you can do biology and chemistry in it, both which make up a large part of first year physio

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by juggernaut
im in sydney
ill prolly just do it at usyd.. its 94 there
i heard its really shit but
you could always transfer to newcastle after a year

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
whats first yr chemistry like? easier/same/harder than hsc chem?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
well i cant really judge how first year chem was since i did neither first year chem or HSC chem, but i have a friend who did both and i think first year chem is pretty similar to HSC chem for semester 1 but introduces new stuff semester 2. I dont think it is that tricky though and if you go to lectures you should be able to get a distinction pretty easily

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I need Chemistry for Forensics, and I didn't do it for the HSC.. so hopefully I'll get into the bridging course in February, otherwise I think I'm a tad screwed. :(

juggernaut

HSC
im bummin i didnt do biology!!

back when i was choosing subjects, usyd has assumed knowledge for physio as: physics, chemistry and mathematics

i just looked at newies, they has assumed knowledge as:
biology and/or chemistry and/or physics and english advanced

i dont get how it can differ per uni?? one says u need to know maths the other one doesnt!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
its just what they assume you will know, its not a prereq, so its no biggie, just what they think you should know to be able to cope

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
i know someone ("Jemima" from these boards) who didnt do any science and passsed first year physio with close to a distinction average, so it isnt really that important that you have done bio / phys / chem but it helps a bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)