Anyone going to UNCLE? (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
Recently inspired by Namu's 'Anyone going to UNSW' thread, I thought I'd make UNCLE thread.
SO, anyone going to Newy? If so, what for? Where will you be staying, on campus, home or off campus?

me: see sig. Hopefully on campus :)

dv3

HSC
I am. B. Information Technology or B. Computer Science (leaning towards the latter)

Hopefully i'll get On-campus accomodation (havent applied yet though lol), but will do so soon (after Christmas).

Last edited:

kfnmpah

HSC
Will anyone know anyone going there?

I'm moving up from sydney by myself :S I know a family living in stockton and my best friend lives just off Darby street, but she is still undecided as to whether or not she will defer... I hope she doesn't!

Autonomy day, anyone? THAT'S what's up. :D :D :D :D :D

kfnmpah

HSC
Hoping to get in up there for B Architecture. Applied for on campus tho chances arent good apparently. Should be fun
Yeah, slim pickings, I've heard.

It's a bit of a win win though. living on campus or renting in Newy. Uni would be convenient and fun. Renting would be fun, and closer to town.

Anyone want to rent a place with me? hahaha

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Yeah, slim pickings, I've heard.

It's a bit of a win win though. living on campus or renting in Newy. Uni would be convenient and fun. Renting would be fun, and closer to town.

Anyone want to rent a place with me? hahaha
Come live with me.
I live 10kms from campus lol.

kfnmpah

HSC
Come live with me.
I live 10kms from campus lol.
Winner! I'll be holding you to that! hahaha

My boyfriend lives in stockton, so if i can't get on campus, I'm going to float around between his place, my car (which i don't actually have) and my best friends spare room. (and your hours :p) hahah

Hey, do you know the bongo man? He floats around Darby street and busks with a bongo, he recently was sporting a multi coloured beard? high-larious

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Winner! I'll be holding you to that! hahaha

My boyfriend lives in stockton, so if i can't get on campus, I'm going to float around between his place, my car (which i don't actually have) and my best friends spare room. (and your hours :p) hahah

Hey, do you know the bongo man? He floats around Darby street and busks with a bongo, he recently was sporting a multi coloured beard? high-larious
How long ago did you apply for campus?
Apparently its like a 24/7 party. Probs why the fail rate is so high ha.
Yeahh ive seen that guy around a few times.
There are some characters around newcastle.

kfnmpah

HSC
How long ago did you apply for campus?
Apparently its like a 24/7 party. Probs why the fail rate is so high ha.
Yeahh ive seen that guy around a few times.
There are some characters around newcastle.
I applied a couple of weeks ago, paid my application fee thing last friday (Y)
Apps close 7th january.
I hope i get it, but at the same time i hope i don't cos then i get to move out by myself in newy! aah.

all BOSers in Newy will be welcome anytime. haha

saaraah11

HSC
I live in Newy and still cannot decide whether to move to Syd for uni or just go to Newy. What made you pick Newy? Seriously its so boring here haha..best beaches though.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I applied a couple of weeks ago, paid my application fee thing last friday (Y)
Apps close 7th january.
I hope i get it, but at the same time i hope i don't cos then i get to move out by myself in newy! aah.

all BOSers in Newy will be welcome anytime. haha
House warming party yeah?
If you decide to rent i recommend somewhere close such as jesmond, north lambton, wallsend. Affordable, close to shops + public transport and most of all in walking distance to uni.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I live in Newy and still cannot decide whether to move to Syd for uni or just go to Newy. What made you pick Newy? Seriously its so boring here haha..best beaches though.
I have the ATAR to go to sydney but cbf.
Id much rather go to newwy with my friends and stay at home where all my friends are.

laila09

HSC
Yayy im going to Newcastle im gonna study Bachelor teaching/bachelor of health and physical education WOOT!!!:eek: whats everyone else doin?

kfnmpah

HSC
WELL, i've asked around heaps, and apparently Sydney uni's courses can be a bit 'dry' because they're 'SYDNEY UNI' they have the prestige and the elite lecturers, they don't need to change their courses to be as interactive and fun for the students if ya get me.
Plus, the ATAR for science is 84.4 or soemthing. check my sig :) hahaha

Also, I've lived in sydney all my life, there are so many douche bags, too much traffic, i've spent heaps of time in newy it's so chilled and i luuuuurve it. Plus, i love an hour and a bit bus ride from the beach :( and I love the beach.

kfnmpah

HSC
Yayy im going to Newcastle im gonna study Bachelor teaching/bachelor of health and physical education WOOT!!!:eek: whats everyone else doin?
I want to do science teaching, but i'ma do the science bit first then dip ed. Does anyone know if it's better to do a comby science and teaching or do them seperate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)