what now (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, ive accepted my offer and enrolled in the subjects.
do i get to choose my tute/lab times? coz ive had a look at the timetable and picked which would be best for me, do i have to do anything to get me into those particular labs/tutes or can i just rock up (like do they have a roll and only people on that roll can do that tute/lab or anything)
thanks

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I'm in exactly the same position as you, jess. I've decided what's best for me timetable-wise and don't know what to do now!

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
OK, with tutorial and lab times, you usually have to register online for them..the details of the website to goto will be given in the first lecture for the subject...my advice is to go to the library straight after the lecture and get the hell on the net and sign up for the tutes/labs coz they fill up really quick...and i can assure you that a three hour lab is no fun on a wednesday night...especially when it follows on directly from three hours of lectures :( i paid the price for not signing up for the lab i wanted quick enough

baker182

HSC
I throught you had to enrol for tutorial, while your doing enrolment online, not after the first lecture?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
You are all way ahead of me. I have accepted my offer but where do you go to enrol:confused:?

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Merethrond, go to: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/uac/ and click the appropriate link. On the next page, enter your UAC number and date of birth.

It should then bring up a screen that confirms your acceptance into your course, and underneath that it should display your Student Number, Username and Password.

Follow the link below that to enrol ("Please click here to go to the enrolments site.") and use your Username and Password to log in. Follow the links and you should be ok! :)

Last edited:

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
http://black-duck.newcastle.edu.au/rego/stud_choose_login.cfm

this is the address for tutorial registration. you can check here to see if your subjects are open (I doubt it). in your first lecture the lecturer will tell you if you have to book tutes and labs and the date when it has to be done by.

From your enrolment you would have been given an access key
eg. ab01

this will appear on your student card and is the first 4 characters in your password.

the remaining 4 characters are the day and month of your birth
eg Jan 2nd
ab010201

your user name is
c9999999
lower case c is essential and the 9's are your student number

**with this information you can also access your studentmail account when your enrollment has been completed

now back to the topic. Some tutes and labs are compulsory and there may be a roll taken or you dont submit work etc. Quizzes and midterm exams are sometimes also done in tutes.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
Merethrond, go to: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/uac/ and click the appropriate link. On the next page, enter your UAC number and date of birth.

It should then bring up a screen that confirms your acceptance into your course, and underneath that it should display your Student Number, Username and Password.

Follow the link below that to enrol ("Please click here to go to the enrolments site.") and use your Username and Password to log in. Follow the links and you should be ok! :)
Thanks a lot honky tonk:).

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Thanks for the info, mrbassman, I got to book one of my Chem tutorials. :)

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I am up to step 5 (courses) in my enrolment and I think I am doing something wrong. Can I just select any subject area I want because there are so many choices and I am quite sure that most of them are not related to my course (Bachelor of Information Science):confused:.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
It's supposed to tell you here: http://ccdb.newcastle.edu.au/courseinfo/displayprogram.cfm?docid=191&FOS=12&UGPG=13 but it doesn't seem to make much sense to me at the moment.. you have to put the six core subjects at 1000 level, but I'm not sure about the rest!

:confused:
All it says is:

The 240 units required to complete the degree must include:

All prescribed courses;
A major sequence;
Not more than 100 units at 1000 level;
At least 60 units at 3000 level.

I have no idea which are the prescribed courses and when I have to do the major sequence by. So I don't even know which subjects that I have to choose for the first and second semester:(.

Also, if I choose six core subjects at 1000 level that takes me over the 55 units per semester:confused:.

What makes this worse, is having to choose subjects for a degree I don't even what to do! Stupid 1.8 UAI:chainsaw:!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
There are not even 60 units at 3000 level! I wish they would explain the process better:mad:!

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Maybe leave the enrolling until enrolment day, the University people should be able to help.. but you're right, they could make it easier.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Is there even an enrolment day??? I thought all the accepting and enrolling takes place online...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)