2010 official "funny quirks of my day" thread. (1 Viewer)

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Following on from last year's thread of the same title.
Get some chatter happening for the UNCLE students of 2010.

Today I saw a guy put his coffee on the roof of his car as he got in, and then drive off with it on the roof. Had a bit of a chuckle.

super.muppy

HSC
i said thank you to the train ticket machine after receiving the ticket =='

MailMofo

HSC
Watching the live performer in the shortland area fuck up one of his songs and start again.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
On Friday I had another moment of witnessing an engineer propagate the stereotype that we're a bunch of anti-social neanderthals.

As I was walking to the physics building for a lab, I was walking behind this chubby mouth-breather who, by the exhausted look on his face, hasn't walked that far unless he was pressing the 'w' key. Just before the building, a polite red-head asked him for directions to the same physics building. If she had of asked me, I would of said something along the lines of "I'll do you one better and take you there!" because I'm a human and am not allergic to conversation. But even though he was going there, he only offered a wave of the hand in the general direction and what I would describe as being a phonetic grunt.

Since they were now physically next to each other and walking to the same building, it would be awkward to not make some small talk. Of course, this guy somehow failed at even that. She tried a few times to talk, but only got one-word replies. As they were walking, he did his best to either walk a few feet back (the creepy breathing-down-your-neck stalker distance) or a few feet ahead of her. I was shaking my head the whole time, since it was so awkward. I mean, you have to TRY to fail so badly at being socially normal!

HSC
Uni Grad
Some people are just socially shit house, though as a polite kid I would have reacted much differently in this situation.

MailMofo

HSC
Theres this kid in my Math1510 that has a large ginger afro, acne, pasty white skin and the voice of a 12 year old.

The other day, i was sitting near subway and i see a girl attempting to speak to him, but he completely ignored her. She even asked him what he was doing on the weekend? All she got was no eye contact and a quick retreat by the ginger.

This further consolidates the stereotype of social awkwardness by engineers.

Last edited:

jackydoll

HSC
I was attacked by mosquitoes as I was talking a detour to the VA building.

I already see one bite popping up.

MailMofo

HSC
I was attacked by mosquitoes as I was talking a detour to the VA building.

I already see one bite popping up.
They come in waves, it's fucked.

And they bite me through my jeans and jacket, props for the commitment on their behalf, but fuck am i itchy.

HSC
They come in waves, it's fucked.

And they bite me through my jeans and jacket, props for the commitment on their behalf, but fuck am i itchy.
lol my elbows looks like its growing a golf ball lump. ive been bitten at least half a dozen times on each elbow

cassiecocaine

HSC
Yet I still refuse to wear aeroguard, what is wrong with me?

And I would love to eat lunch and listen to some sweet 'tunes :)

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I was sitting in the AIC last night mucking around with a mate reading out mandarin profanities, and suddenly all these people behind me just shit themselves laughing. I had forgotten that everyone at uni this late other than me is chinese.

jackydoll

HSC
Embarassing day

I set off the gate alarm three times, lost my student card, my ceramic work is believed to be on the verge or collapsing, spilt a drink at Bar on the Hill, had a book I requested cancelled, had a bit of green tape stuck to my shoe and all I can say is...

At least the beer and cigarettes calmed me down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)