SHAG week (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
SHAG Week (Sexual Health And Guidance) is currently on. It's only over 3 days (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday), so that's not a real week, but I guess it's a working week to uni students. More information and the schedule can be found here: http://uonservices.org.au/events-fun-stuff/free-entertainment/2010/shag-week (ignore the URL, it IS the 2011 version)

Last year, I had a lot of fun with it. The stalls were all awesome, I had so many free Lipton Iced Teas and picked up a bunch of other goodies.

I was only there for a few minutes today, but so far it doesn't seem as good as last year. Last year there was a stand on alcohol, giving away AWESOME 'alcohol.gov.au' pens. They were also doing a fun experiment getting people to guess what a standard drink was with wine and then giving people these mad schooner cups with lines to indicate the various drink sizes. I didn't see the stand there this time, which was a shame cause I wanted one of those cups (I missed out last year) and another pen.

The sexual health stall doesn't seem as good this year. Last year, they were basically like "Here's some paper bags, here's a big bowl of condoms, now I'm going to look the other way" but this year they only give out these small packs that contain one condom and some other goodies. They also have some other stuff, like a poster to label the lady parts (I'm a guy, all I need to know is insert tab A in slot B) and a survey thing.

The small goodies packs really seemed like they had a "his" and "hers" flavour. I had some fun with that; after the chick there told me that one of them contained a plastic glove I had to ask "What's the glove for? Is it meant as a backup to the condoms?" some guys behind me giggled so in a serious voice she then went on to explain that you could cut off the fingers and use them as a condom alternative (as well as other, less stupid uses). Now, I think I'm a pretty average endowed male, but to me trying to fit my junk in a latex glove finger just sounds painful.

At another stall I picked up a Union hackysack and a recipe book from Janelle Bloom, who is rocking up again this year. Last year, the recipes she had were excellent and tasting free food is always a hit so I do recommend it if you have the time on Thursday.

I didn't see any free pancakes and to my disappointment there were no free Iced Teas, but that might be because I was there at the wrong time.

How has your experience with SHAG week been?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)