University of newcastle 2012 roll call (1 Viewer)

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone either enrolled in or got an offer for UoN for 2012
I got medical radiation science (diagnostic radiography)

Last edited:

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
what does UNCLE stand for?
University of Newcastle C.. L.. E.. ?

I got an offer for my first preference of Civil Engineering

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
Accepted my offer for Psychology yesterday and got offered a scholarship today :) I'm cheering

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh I think it might have been called that a long time ago or something.

But I'm also unsure what the CLE could have meant.

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
The CLE is just an abreviation of castle instead of just UoN I think it came about to make UoN appear more like USYD which without YD would just be UoS.
I've just seen it abreviated this way a few times before that's why it was in the first post.
Congrats to everyone who recieved offers.

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
When do you find out if you've got a scholarship? I accepted my offer a couple of days ago but it still says it matriculating...
Hi annie louise with the scholarships I don't think you can access them untill you have a full my hub account.
You get this after 2 days of accepting your offer return to the new students page and log into my hub again with your UAC application no and birthdate password.
There should be a tab at the bottom that says student login details in this tab should appear a program code and student number, write these down then follow the prompts on the page and it should allow you to create you propper my hubs account. From there you should be able to access your scholarships and see any progress made, however most scholarships arent confirmed or paid out untill after the cencus date.

Hope this helps

miscer

HSC
I got Diagnostic Radiography!

Now i'm desperately trying to find reasonable close to uni accomodation :(

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Great two people for Diagnostic Radiography, miscer we should meet up at our program enrollment session.
Can't believe only 4 people from Bos got into Newcastle.
Which campus is everybody going to, Callaghan or Ourimbah?

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
Great two people for Diagnostic Radiography, miscer we should meet up at our program enrollment session.
Yer I thought for sure there would be more of us....
I'm going to the Callaghan campus. Can anyone tell me, are the mosquitoes as bad as some of my friends are saying? Apparently newy uni is filled with them :/

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Yer I thought for sure there would be more of us....
I'm going to the Callaghan campus. Can anyone tell me, are the mosquitoes as bad as some of my friends are saying? Apparently newy uni is filled with them :/
From what I know they are, my colleague from work told me that if you're there late in the afternoon or early morning to make sure you wear aeroguard or be eaten alive

miscer

HSC
Are you a Newcastle local? I'm from the Gold Coast and I know NOTHING about Newcastle... is it hard to find accomodation? I'm flying down on the 5th so I can go to the program enrollment session on the 6th, then I will be inspecting houses and stuff before I go back to the GC. I'll fly back down on the 20th or so (maybe a bit earlier) once I have a room confirmed. What's your name so I'll know it's you at the enrollment session haha

Nerdygirl

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Miscer my real name is Sarah. No I'm not a Newcastle local, I live on the Central Coast, closer to the Ourimbah campus so I'll be commuting to uni everyday. Just a note on accomodation it's quite strained near the uni so if you can get close to a station on cityrails hunter line it provides an easy transport option. Unfortunately my knowledge of Newcastle is also limited though from what I know Newcastle will be quite different to the Goldcoast but the Beachy atmosphere is still there. So what's your name so we both known who to look for at enrollment. Really looking forward to meeting everyone in our program on the 6th.

Last edited:

miscer

HSC
Hey my real name is Malcolm, ahh I'm just trying to find a room not a house or flat so apparently that's a bit better... there's apparently lots of rooms available around Jesmond etc. How long does it take for you to travel to uni each day? Also, wanna pm me your facebook or something, keen to get to know some people before uni starts :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)