O-Week (1 Viewer)

deebsm

HSC
Is it absolutely necessary to go to O-week? Haha I live in Sydney and I don't want to travel up just for a day... I'll be moving in on Saturday but still does anything interesting happen? Like info about my course etc... I know I will miss out on meeting other people but I can manage around that :p

Thanks!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
If you're going on college or know lots of people, it's an interesting party week. Also, you can get heaps of free shit at the stalls in the Shortland Union.

There is absolutely no impact on your actual education, though. To be honest the next few weeks are pretty useless; most first weeks dont have labs or tuts running and the lectures are just reading the course overview which you can download off Blackboard.

miscer

HSC
omfg i cant keep up with the drinking here hahahahaha, college parties are fucking awesome at Evatt/IH!!!!!!

It's only been the first night of o-week and it's already been sooo loose the nights before, so much grog

miscer

HSC
Anyone join any clubs or societies?

I put my name down for a bunch of nightclubs, I signed up to both league and union footy teams and signed up to NUSA
Tomorrow I plan on buying U membership because I didn't have any money today :(

Who else got free condoms and a rape whistle? hehehe
The asian lady at the NUSA stall handed me a bunch of dommies and said "YOU A GOOD BOY!" with massive smile and a thumbs up lol
Me and my college mates got a rape whistle each and were pissing off everyone hungover in the Evatt House quad with them haha. Also, a few days before we raided the NUSA building for condoms so we're set for them ;)

miscer

HSC
So yeah...
toga party was awesome
fanny's was shit. lol. i heard bar 121 and the brewery was where it's at?

give me a report on tonight's shenanigans /i'm in sydney
to be honest every night going out into town/pubs etc has been shit... packed/20 guys to 1 girl ratio etc, ive just stayed home those nights and just chilled and played some pool or something with the evatt boys who stay back too

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
nah it's good if you know people
(especially when half of kempsey has migrated to newcastle heheh)

febebebe

HSC
hey im going to newcastle this year, was really looking forward to all the college parties at o week, but didnt get in :( im underage (turn 18 like a week after uni starts) and livingin a house with some people near the uni. will o week still be fun? will there be any parties i can go to?

delian

HSC
N/A
hey im going to newcastle this year, was really looking forward to all the college parties at o week, but didnt get in :( im underage (turn 18 like a week after uni starts) and livingin a house with some people near the uni. will o week still be fun? will there be any parties i can go to?
O week will still be fun, you get free stuff and meets lots of people. And I'm pretty sure there's parties that aren't exclusive to college people

Kat92

HSC
O week will still be fun, you get free stuff and meets lots of people. And I'm pretty sure there's parties that aren't exclusive to college people
That's right- there are parties that anyone can attend in Welcome Week. http://uonservices.org.au/

Newies Shout is a great way to meet new people- make sure you collect your voucher and keep cup.

Last edited:

Rixon

swirv
HSC
eyy gurl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)