Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: umat/ medicine at Newcastle

HSC

Re: umat/ medicine at Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by alannah144 View Post
    hey im in year 12 now and reali interested in doing medicine at either newcastle and new england... my career advisor said its heaps hard to get into like 50 out 5000 actually get in so im screwed
    Confidence will help you become a good doctor.

Cadet
    HSC

hey im in year 12 now and reali interested in doing medicine at either newcastle and new england... my career advisor said its heaps hard to get into like 50 out 5000 actually get in so im screwed
    With the lame Federal Government spamming new medical schools and congesting further the current med schools with more places, its almost impossible NOT to get in...

You just only have to worry about what comes AFTER med school with that many med students looking for training positions...

HSC

undergrad med at uncle

how is this uni seen in comparison to other uni's - for hopeful students that is...like would many people put this as first prefence or does everyone usually go more for the sydney uni's?
    i dont want to go to sydney at all, coz im at unsw now and travel around 2.5hrs just to get to uni and the same home, so newcastle wuld half that at least!

this is going to be my top preference uni for med, hoping with all my heart that my UMAT marks can get me an interview at least - this will more than anything give me confirmation that my dreams arent ridiculous
    but i cant fit in umat prep right now as its exam period, and i havent done anything for like a month with all my assessments and stuff and starting to worry...getting into medicine is literally the only thing i want right now and would just be amazing!
    Education is the Enemy. Keep you mind closed

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by hipsta_jess on msn
    omg, i just had my phone in my bra, between my boobs, and i got a msg and it vibrated, and :S

HSC
    It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that's complicated.

Re: undergrad med at uncle

Quote Originally Posted by freq707 View Post
    how is this uni seen in comparison to other uni's - for hopeful students that is...like would many people put this as first prefence or does everyone usually go more for the sydney uni's?
    i dont want to go to sydney at all, coz im at unsw now and travel around 2.5hrs just to get to uni and the same home, so newcastle wuld half that at least!

this is going to be my top preference uni for med, hoping with all my heart that my UMAT marks can get me an interview at least - this will more than anything give me confirmation that my dreams arent ridiculous
    but i cant fit in umat prep right now as its exam period, and i havent done anything for like a month with all my assessments and stuff and starting to worry...getting into medicine is literally the only thing i want right now and would just be amazing!
    Thread merged

HSC

Re: undergrad med at uncle

I started it. Thank you Emily.
    Quote Originally Posted by hipsta_jess on msn
    omg, i just had my phone in my bra, between my boobs, and i got a msg and it vibrated, and :S

Shake the sauce bottle yo blue_chameleon's Avatar
    HSC

To put it into perspective, that's the kind of competition in the jobs market for Accounting/Finance Grad Programs of many major Accounting/Finance firms and banks.

The more you know.
    A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor is man perfected without trials

HSC
    N/A

If I can get an ATAR over 99 what sort of umat score would I need? It's section 3 in umat that really scares me!

HSC
    N/A

Uni Newcastle focuses more on interview and UMAT than an 99+ ATAR.
    ATAR: 99.85
    Medicine student

Cadet
    HSC

Useful info, thanks guys. So, is it interview AND umat score that they decide on, assuming you got an interview at Newcastle, as earlier post suggests? (ie not just interview mark).
    Also, does anyone know, if you tick bonded for UON, and get enough marks, you could get a non bonded place?? I have to know what to put as dead line is 5th Dec. I can find what the form is I ticked, only the application with the other info is retrievable. AND, if you got a bonded place at UNSW, and a non bonded place at UON, do you get a choice? ie if you put UNSW first on your UAC form, and got a bonded offer, do they even tell you about your second choice newcastle if you got a non bonded place there? does anyone know? only info I got from ringing the official places was patchy and conflicting and they were reading the same web sit I could see. Any help appreciated!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information