I have a room available if anyone is interested (1 Viewer)

seeka

HSC
Modern Townhouse in a quiet area with one bedroom available for lease. to share with one female laws/science student and one fulltime worker only residing on weekends due distance from work. we have a new kitchen and new floorings throughout the house as well as a renovated bathroom. the house has everything and anything that you will need from spatula to sofa. there is a bustop at the curb (literally) and the ride on the bus is approx 20 mins. otherwise if you have a car there is some off street parking available and the drive is only 7mins. the local shopping centre is only 5 min walk and major shopping centre (glendale stockland) is only 5 min bus ride. busses come at least once an hour, mostly more often. electricity works out to less than $5 a week and this is the only other expense to the house unless you use the fixed phone line in which you will only pay a share of the rental and whatever calls you make. this is a great atmosphere for a new student or quiet current student. we do like to have fun, however we are primarily here to study and this is our home away from home, so although the occasional BBQ is fun we arent going for the party style house.
all products needed for the house eg, cleaning products are bought by taking turns and cleaning jobs are the responsibility of each housemate to ensure that everyone gets a fair deal.
in progress is the conversion of a common sunroom which i am converting into a study room so that there is a space just for uni work.
if you are after furnishings for the room available, we can organise the essentials eg bed, robe, etc. for you to use whilst in the house. we do have a cat, but all responsibility for him is taken by its owner, he is fully trained so there shouldnt be a problem. we have no trust issues in the house, but do have locks on all bedroom doors for when we go away etc.
feel free to message me to ask any questions about the townhouse or to come check it out :) i promise i dont bite!

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
if i didnt have it so good here at home i might consider you offer... you dont mention how much rent is??

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Do you give a free tour? That's more along the lines of what I was thinking when I saw the thread...

seeka

HSC
Cyph said:
Do you give a free tour? That's more along the lines of what I was thinking when I saw the thread...
heya sorry guys as much as i crapped on i forgot the most important bits, the rent is currently $84 a week, and the room isnt available till mid to late january (i have to check the lease of the person already in there), sorry!

as for free tours cyph, you crack me up :) no free tours unless your interested,,, in actually renting the room,,, and its not my personal room youd be looking at anyways :)

Last edited:

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Completely off-topic (sorry!), but seeka how was 2nd year Forensics?? Which subjects were the hardest/easiest? Any advice for me? :p

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
seeka said:
as for free tours cyph, you crack me up :) no free tours unless your interested,,, in actually renting the room,,, and its not my personal room youd be looking at anyways :)
Why do you think I'm not interested?! ;)

Is it on Croudace Rd? :p

Last edited:

seeka

HSC
i still havent figured out the whole of this replying thing with the quotes,,, not that i dont understand, just too lazy to try,,, so bear with me :)

honky tonk: well im in the second year of the science part, therefore this year i did chem2110 and biol2050. im all mixed up because i did science for a year first so i got credit for some subjects. out of those two, id have to say i really cant pick one. biol is good and fun for me,,, (in the way that only biol can be fun) only cos i find it easier than chem, analytical chem chem2110 was good though, cos insted of learning all new stuff, it was a little new and mostly backing up and furthering what first year was,, and its all analysis stuff, so to me it was better because it related to forensics more,,, (thats what im in the course for,,, not the laws,,, just stuck with it)
anyways,,, i was probably ,,, actually im pretty certain that i was in your laws classes laws1001 and laws1002 this year, and this year ill be in the same torts and science classes.,,,,, and damned physics,,,, crap!

now ill take a breath.

cyph: i didnt realise you really were interested, just thought you were picking fun at me :)
its one of the townhouses on taurus street. one of the good ones facing onto aries way, so we are esentially on the "good" side you could say :)
its quiet and its fun,,,, like it :)
sorry thought you were only picking fun at me :)

seeka

HSC
i just realised that at the end of every sentence in the last bit i left a damn smiley,,, thats a little sad....

also honkytonk, dont worry about graham orr,,,, his a stupid prick who does a third of the chem2110 course,,,, he is a real tight ass and his exams suck,,, however he is only a third of the course, and with any luck,,,, but i very much doubt it, he wont be teaching analytical chem anymores,,,,,with graham the only rules are to not talk in his lectures,,, his majorly anal about that.
also if you turn up to all the tutorials, they were just working through all the tutorial questions, so they give you all the answers. at the end of each 4 week tutorial period each lecturer gives a tutorial quiz. usually it is just a couple of questions that youve already worked out in tutorials,, and it gets better, if you bring answers to the tutorial questions, or write them down on the night, graham will stamp them and you can bring them into the tutorial quiz.
one of the other lecturers is scott donne, and he rocks, he gave us extra time on the quiz that he gave out on behalf of nazo graham orr and is really lenient, also his tutorial quiz is a series of questions simmilar to the tutorial questions that he will give out one night and expect back in a week. so he rocks even more.

the big thing with analytical chem, is that it isnt hard to get great marks in the labs, and tutorials and lab quiz, but the exam is a bite in the ass so get what you can.
:)
hope that helps.
and with biol2050. my only advice is if you get stuck on something,,, never fear ringing the lecturer and asking, they were damn good my year, although youll miss having brett, who is up there with scott donne, because he has left now.

anyways,, good luck,,,and im sure your regretting asking that question now,,,, gee im damn long winded :)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
seeka said:
cyph: i didnt realise you really were interested, just thought you were picking fun at me :)
its one of the townhouses on taurus street. one of the good ones facing onto aries way, so we are esentially on the "good" side you could say :)
its quiet and its fun,,,, like it :)
sorry thought you were only picking fun at me :)

alright, alright tiger! I'll be over soon :):):):):)

seeka

HSC
hehehe thing is cyph,,, im on the central coast at the moment :) hehe...so you might scare my other house mate or have a bit of trouble getting in,,, also you might wanna know which unit,,,, considering there is like a row of 10 hehe
meanwhile,,, damn the lack of ability to express sarcasm etc etc,,, i cant tell if your really looking for a place,,,,,,, hmmmph....hehe

maybe, i am sounding a little on the real estate agent side huh?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
how will i know if I'm looking to move into a place or not until I check it out?

seeka

HSC
damn you,,, damn you to hell :)
see now are you serious or joking!
hehe
are you planning to move?
if you are,,, then sure ill arrange it and you can have a look through,,,
but somehow it seems that you are just trying to confuse me even more :)
otherwise,,, im jsut extreemly paranoid

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
I'll pitch in and try help sell the room since I'm apparently a mean, nasty and horrible person. :rolleyes:

There is a great local drinking hole all of 5mins away called The Shaft Tavern, ripper of a pub... really!

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
ooh, I was quoted. and I still stand by what I said.

Surely it's not as mean as sitting back and watching someone have the piss taken out of them knowingly? ;)

seeka

HSC
hey! i just finished a 10 hour day in a freaking woolworths deli,,,,,, give me some time here :)

and the shaft is definatly delightful,,,, (oh now im starting to enjoy the fact that no one can hear my tone)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)