~Newcastle Med interviews: What was your UMAT score? (1 Viewer)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Hi guys,
just wondering for those of you who did a newcastle interview this year, what were your UMAT scores (no not the percentiles as newcastle only bases interview offers on the UMAT score).

I'm just bored and want to see what most people here got to get an interview

jessum

HSC
thats a hard question... i cant remember the scores exactly, coz they sounded so bloody shit. i think it went something like 78, 74, 64 in that order, which went to 96,95,68 for percentiles. i know u didnt want that, but i had to include it, coz otherwise i feel real crap heheee

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
those scores are really good! The cut-off was like 182 or so this year. You got 216!
mine were 70,90,98 (%iles) and 55,70,70 = 195. So um yeah, you did pretty kickass in the umat.

Did you apply for the BMP/MRBS? Just wondering whats the competition is like for the 11 BMP places :-\

jessum

HSC
yup i applied for those. figured every little bit helps, and i wouldnt mind living somewhere nice and remote for a little while. heheee
im guessing u did too....
gosh im so stressing about the uni offers now, coz i got over 93.8 uai :) yayyyy but that means that i got a chance, and garr im not going to be able to sleep on the 18th of january

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
Congrats on your >93.8 uai !
Im not gonna be sleeping either :( (it sucks how the results are e-released after 9PM )
i applied for the bonded places. There are so few, but as you said it's worth applying for
what course are you thinking of doing if you dont get med this year? I ended up doing advanced science (graduated HS in 2002)

jessum

HSC
thanks!!!
and if i dont get med, (which im not counting on, but im crossing all my fingers and toes for), then ive applied for various sciencey artsy degrees all around the place. but ill probably end up doing liberal studies at sydney uni, coz i dont just want the science, and i dont just want arts, and liberal studies just looks like fun :) hehe.. lots of friends of family have told me i should do pharmacy, but i really couldnt... like id hate to be a pharmacist i think if i didnt end up doing med. but at least with these other degrees theres lots of options.
but im still crossing my fingers for newcastle :)

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
yeh thats cool (doing what you want). If not med it's better to do what you want rather than what's similar to med (eg. pharm), that way you can get higher marks in that course(easier to transfer). There's always grad med anyway, something i have to consider next year if newcastle is a no go
Good luck to you with newcastle! i know i'll need it too

jessum

HSC
oooo yes very much good luck vibes coming my way for u :)
only like 28 days left till we find out
heheee

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i got 70 80 90 (%tiles last yr )
UAI 99
had a shocking interview lolz

gd luck.. med is a realli realli fun course.. and IMO newcastle has a realli elite course..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)