freshmen and women 2005 (1 Viewer)

agent_angel

HSC
hey ppls
with the UAI now out i was just wondering what everyones first couple of preferences are for UNCLE.
mine r as follows:
1. B Nutrition and Dietetics
2. B Psychology
3. B social work
anyone out there with similar??

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I'm not that similar to your preferences but my top 3 preferences are-:
1) Bachelor of Development Studies
2) Bachelor of Social Science
3) Bachelor of Social Science (Recreation and Tourism)
I'll get my top preference, regarding I’m 15 points above last years cut-off, not counting the bonus points I receive. Much to my annoyance though the university won't let me do a generic combine degree of dv't studies/arts, but what can u do.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
So you're going to be one of *them* (ie, Dev't Stud. peoples)...you can spot them from a mile away

My only advice...avoid Phillip O'Neill like he is the plague.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
So you're going to be one of *them* (ie, Dev't Stud. peoples)...you can spot them from a mile away

My only advice...avoid Phillip O'Neill like he is the plague.
lol, and what exactly characterises a development studies student? :p
Philip O'Neill you say, what’s so bad about him?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Weird, freaky people that are even weirder and freakier than the enviro science people and have very strange attitudes and taste in clothing.

Phil, well, I dunno...he is just full of himself (but then, find me a lecturer that isn't)...like, ok, one day, in one of the few geog lecs I attended, he was rambling on about God only knows what, and is like "well, if you're like me, that is, white, upper middle class, wear a suit and carry a briefcase, you get through customs no problems" and we're all just sitting there like "thats nice for you"
And then, I couldn't make it to one of my labs, and we had a draft due in the lab, so I placed my draft on Nick's (tutor) desk, which I was assured would be fine. That was one Friday, then we were meant to get them back the following Friday, to revise and make good to submit the final the following Wednesday. Anyways, it comes the following Friday, and I'm in my lab, and Nick comes upto me "omg, Jess, I'm so sorry, I don't have your report, Phil has it" and I'm like "thats fine, Nick, don't worry bout it" and hes like "go and chase Phil up and see whats happenning", so I went to Phil's office, and he wasn't there, so I went back on the Monday, and he said that he hadn't done it and he would bring it to the lecture the next day. Come Tuesday, I went to see him during a break in the lec, and hes like "I haven't done it, so I'll place it in the collection box tomorrow morning"...so basically, the short version of that, was I had several hours to do what everyone else in the course had almost a week to do.
And yeah, hes just generally a prick.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Weird, freaky people that are even weirder and freakier than the enviro science people and have very strange attitudes and taste in clothing.
hahahhaa..i'm soon to be 'one of *them*'..but i don't picture myself weird, freaky, having a strange attitude OR taste in clothing..haha

i will be sure to watch out for phillip o'neill haha :p

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
oh, and I forgot to say in that last little rant about Phil, I asked if I was going to get an extension (not in quite so many words, but he knew what I was after), and he pretty much said "no, its your problem, deal with it"

I'm sure there are some "normal" dev't stud. peoples out there...they just seem to be rather few and far between.

gabn

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Phil, well, I dunno...he is just full of himself (but then, find me a lecturer that isn't)...like, ok, one day, in one of the few geog lecs I attended, he was rambling on about God only knows what, and is like "well, if you're like me, that is, white, upper middle class, wear a suit and carry a briefcase, you get through customs no problems" and we're all just sitting there like "thats nice for you"
is it just me or is hard to read that and not see a racist comment in there, send him through chinese customs with a fever should sort him out.

anyone looking at doing maths , engneering or scince next year. i want a friend... or just some one to stand next to i'm not fussy.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I think he was trying to show the different attitudes towards people in society, someone like him is percieved to be honest and doing the right thing, whereas if you get someone going through Customs in torn straggly clothes with hair that hasn't been washed for a year, they are more likely to attract the officials attention.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Little does Jess know that Phil is actually such a great lecturer, he's made stuff stick in her mind without her knowing it!

She seems like a smart cookie (for once), thanks to Phil.

gabn

HSC
Cyph said:
She seems like a smart cookie (for once), thanks to Phil.
seems.... that's all that matters that people think your smart let them find out the truth later.

by the way jess "Play the game" which primary school did you go to or did alot of schools have that moto ?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
By that reasoning, most of my lecturers have been great, even though the great majority have been crap.

And gabn, I think a lot of primary schools use it, but mine was Nulkaba.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
gabn said:
seems.... that's all that matters that people think your smart let them find out the truth later.
yeah, I know she ain't so smart! ;)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
ah,
you know you're getting desperate when you have to try and bring out the low blows!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
If its the low blows that let me win, then sobeit.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I should crack onto Eamon tomorrow night and have mad passionate sex with him and then convince him what a horrible person you are and get him to never let you work at Frosties again, and tell him to tell your boss that you constantly grope the girlies.

...or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)