beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
anyone know anything bout this?
assignment due tuesday and i dont understand. plz jst explain to me

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Baudrillard: Fat french guy who sits in cafe's all day writing over-intellectualised social commentary, then publishes said commentary for people to buy.

Read the Cool Memories series bec. I have no idea what 4 orders is about though.

But yeah, hyper-reality mang!

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i did this in first year, it's the four orders of communication isnt it? i remember mcquail's work on it, but not baudrillard

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The mods have set that messages have to be at least 10 characters in length. So when someone wants to post something less than 10 characters, they often put (10 char) or some random letters after their post, to fill in the space.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
beccaxx said:
cmon um... i need some help here!
Ask some specific questions and ill asnwer them bec-monster, but at least show some effort/research on your part..

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
absolution* said:
Ask some specific questions and ill asnwer them bec-monster, but at least show some effort/research on your part..
for real, it's not that fucken hard anyways

a very elementary explination of baudrillard's work regarding hyper-reality and the four orders - the rise of new technology (another area of study in itself) has led to a blurring of the lines between what is and isn't real, the four levels of which lead to the creation of a simulacra (or hyper-reality). the wachowski brothers clumsily explore the theory in the matrix, in fact

edit: on second thought, you could have just googled it too
http://www.vanderbilt.edu/AnS/Anthro/Anth206/jean_baudrillard_and_hyperrealit.htm

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
thanks heaps. can u explain how starbucks was ment in that tho in #4? i had worked out stuff to explain 1 and 2 already and i think they r straightforward, but i dont understnad the diff between 3 and 4.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
becca, really, its uni now...they encourage a little something called independant research and thinking. its not that difficult.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i know! ive got heaps of info on it its not like im tryin 2 get u 2 do it 4 me, i jst dont quite understand the difference with 2 of them, all i was askin was if some1 understood it could they plz jst explain a lil bit of it 2 me. anyway i found this other site which made it pretty understandable

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Read her signature. Shes quite obviously not communications.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
yeh i saw. she jst sounded like every1 else in the class. none of us got it at first. heaps r still confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)