I Hate The School of Policy! (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
In both our Microeconomics I and Macroeconomics I class tests last year we were given nowhere near enough time to finish our exams and then today we had our first class test for Macroeconomics II and yet again the exam was too long for the time given. It was held in the usual two hour lecture period but we were only given fifty minutes to do the exam and then we were allowed to go. Why couldn't they have given us more time:mad:?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Don't stress, brother. Everyone else is in the same boat and I'm pretty sure there is some aligning of marks to a bell curve so it doesn't matter in the end :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Even though everyone is in the same boat time-wise it disadvantages the people who have studied. I will tell you why. The people who didn't study probably don't know all the answers and therefore won't be able to answer all the questions. So they may only answer 80% of the questions and therefore have just enough time to answer all of the questions they could. Then there are the people who have studied and know all the material but only get to answer 80% of the questions because there wasn't enough time:(. I am pretty sure there is no scaling/fitting to the bell curve of the marks. I am 100% sure that they don't scale/fit to bell curve the marks for Microeconomics I and Statistics for Business:).

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
haha, I don't know that I agree with you there...

btw, I know they SAY they don't align to a bell curve and all, but I think they do.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cyph said:
haha, I don't know that I agree with you there...
Why not:)?

Cyph said:
btw, I know they SAY they don't align to a bell curve and all, but I think they do.
Well I am 100% positive that they didn't scale Microeconomics I last year. I calculated this based on my marks:).

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
well, I don't study.. and I would have been able to do sweet jack all in the 2070 quiz, so I didn't bother turning up for it. Might have been able to scab 1 or 2 marks... economics, I know if you haven't studied the stuff, you're lucky to scab a pass!

Do you know your exam mark for micro last year ?

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
oh i hate exams like that. i have my first microeconomics I exam in 2 weeks time. not really looking forward to that since I really hate economic graphs.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cyph said:
well, I don't study.. and I would have been able to do sweet jack all in the 2070 quiz, so I didn't bother turning up for it. Might have been able to scab 1 or 2 marks... economics, I know if you haven't studied the stuff, you're lucky to scab a pass!
Oh, so that is why you got zero for the Business Finance spot test, you didn't turn up, haha:p! So you are saying that most people wouldn't be able to even answer 80% of the questions unless they studied? There will be people in the middle though:).

Cyph said:
Do you know your exam mark for micro last year ?
Sure do:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Craig said:
oh i hate exams like that. i have my first microeconomics I exam in 2 weeks time. not really looking forward to that since I really hate economic graphs.
Well my advice to you is to go as fast as you can right form the start if you want to finish. Don't worry about it, Microeconomics I is easy:D!

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Merethrond said:
Well my advice to you is to go as fast as you can right form the start if you want to finish. Don't worry about it, Microeconomics I is easy:D!
oh cheers merethrond, that fills me with a bit of confidence. if i remember right though you got a HD in micro....so your kinda saying that from a high academic position...but yeah I'd be happy with a pass, since i've been drinking to much this semester :uhhuh:

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Craig said:
but yeah I'd be happy with a pass, since i've been drinking to much this semester :uhhuh:

my best semester ever marks wise was when i drank the most.
you can get HDs and Drink :D

baker182

HSC
Merethrond said:
In both our Microeconomics I and Macroeconomics I class tests last year we were given nowhere near enough time to finish our exams and then today we had our first class test for Macroeconomics II and yet again the exam was too long for the time given. It was held in the usual two hour lecture period but we were only given fifty minutes to do the exam and then we were allowed to go. Why couldn't they have given us more time:mad:?
I hear you player, I think the people who organise these's exams, smoke all much of the green stuff ;)

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
nessie_lee said:
Yeh that'd be right!! :lol:
eh its the university way, don't rip it off. I'll still manage to beat you in sociology anyway :p

evilc said:
my best semester ever marks wise was when i drank the most.
you can get HDs and Drink
oh sweet, i'm set then if thats the case.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
well Merethrond I agree with you, the school of policy is gay. I had my first microeconomics I exam and section 2 was just stupid. Thank god half of the marks come from multiple choice, which was relatively simple. If it wasn’t for that my mark would be really bad

Last edited:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Did you at least get to finish the exam? I had some bad experiences with Macroeconomics II again today:mad:! Add to that Business Economics:mad:.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Yeah I just managed to get it done. As I finished writing my tutor said pens down. With that said though I got caught out in one question and wasn't able to complete that fully. Damn econ exams are pushy with there time limits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)