Worried (1 Viewer)

#louie#

HSC
:worried: Hi Guys

Im in Yr 12 at the moment and my aim has always been for me to go to Uni... I went for a visit to the callaghan campus the other day...and that made me wanna go even more.....im kinda scared though because attending uni jst seems like a huge scarey step & i keep gettin thoughts that maybe i wont get a good enough UAI to get in :worried:
can someone whos expierienced it pleeeeaaassssee reassure me

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Callaghan campus seems daunting at first, for me it was mainly due to the sheer size of it. I remember walking around Auchmuty library in yr 12 with my jaw on the floor, I was so amazed by it, lol. Sure, uni isn't for everyone, but if it is for you (and you will probably know very early in first year) it will be the best time of your life. I'm not going to lie, it is hard work, something that either noone told me, or I was refusing to believe, before I came to uni, but you do need to put in the hard yards (but you always get to have massive drinking sessions afterwards, so its all good!)
As for not getting in, chill about the HSC, I know it seems terrifying now, but freaking out about it isn't going to do you any good. I don't know what program (degree) you're aiming to get into, but if you're worried, try having a range of options, from ones that have UAI cutoff's above what you expect to get, to ones waaaay below what you're capable of (but keep in mind, chose your preferences based on what you want to do, not how high the UAI cutoff is!)
But overall, remember uni (and year 12 for that matter!) is a fun experience (despite the hard work you need to put in), relax and enjoy it, because it will fly!!!

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I'm not going to lie, it is hard work...
Emphasis on that part.. people kept telling me throughout year 12 that Uni was a breeze.

They were liars.

Dirty rotten liars.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
*Rereads original post*

Oh... but yeah, don't panic. Once you get used to the routine it's a lot of fun. You'll laugh, you'll cry.. it'll change your life.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I found year 12 to be a breeze. I only got an average UAI, but I got in the course I wanted to be in, so I'm over it.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Callaghan campus seems daunting at first, for me it was mainly due to the sheer size of it. I remember walking around Auchmuty library in yr 12 with my jaw on the floor, I was so amazed by it, lol. Sure, uni isn't for everyone, but if it is for you (and you will probably know very early in first year) it will be the best time of your life. I'm not going to lie, it is hard work, something that either noone told me, or I was refusing to believe, before I came to uni, but you do need to put in the hard yards (but you always get to have massive drinking sessions afterwards, so its all good!)
As for not getting in, chill about the HSC, I know it seems terrifying now, but freaking out about it isn't going to do you any good. I don't know what program (degree) you're aiming to get into, but if you're worried, try having a range of options, from ones that have UAI cutoff's above what you expect to get, to ones waaaay below what you're capable of (but keep in mind, chose your preferences based on what you want to do, not how high the UAI cutoff is!)
But overall, remember uni (and year 12 for that matter!) is a fun experience (despite the hard work you need to put in), relax and enjoy it, because it will fly!!!
well i hate uni but i need what ill get at the end

and people said high school would be the best time of my life too and THEY ALSO LIED

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i remember (yes, back a whole 6 months ago) that i really couldn't see myself actually GOING to uni AT ALL..besides feeling too young, i'd just never really seriously thought about it..it did seem pretty daunting..

turned out it's nothing to worry about..and it's easy to make friends..and the courses aren't too hard (obviously depending on your degree though..poor jess)..what are you thinking of doing?

anyway, i wouldn't worry about it..especially not if you're going into uni with some school mates

baby_pea

HSC
i feel for you, i desperately want to make it to uni, the uni i want to go to

heyyawatever

Watch this space
HSC
#louie# said:
:worried: Hi Guys

Im in Yr 12 at the moment and my aim has always been for me to go to Uni... I went for a visit to the callaghan campus the other day...and that made me wanna go even more.....im kinda scared though because attending uni jst seems like a huge scarey step & i keep gettin thoughts that maybe i wont get a good enough UAI to get in :worried:
can someone whos expierienced it pleeeeaaassssee reassure me

Uni is anything but scary. I love how you can say whatever you want in tutorials/bar/cafeteria/forum/prac and no matter how poor your arguments/ comments are, people will still consider and respect them. So not only are people more forgiving, open-minded and polite ( compared to High School/Real world), it is such an easy lifestyle....

...If anything, I am a little worried my life has become too easy. 4 subjects over 3 days, work the other 2, have the weekend for sport and leisure. Its a blast.Don't ever forget that when you are crapping on during the hsc.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
That fact that I got into uni makes me question the UAI system.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
yeah, my thoughts are pretty much the same as yours jumb. I didn't even know what a syllabus was in year 12 and i still managed to get into my course comfortably. I didn't even think i would get into uni at the start of year 12.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
ditto to all of the above.. its fucking hard work, but if it gets you where you wanna go then its a means to an end right?

its all good... and if all else fails, become the bar trivia champion!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
PrincessSJ said:
ditto to all of the above.. its fucking hard work, but if it gets you where you wanna go then its a means to an end right?

its all good... and if all else fails, become the bar trivia champion!
If all else fails, she can do primary teaching.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
The bar trivia is hard! At least the few questions I've heard in Tanner. Beer bingo is the go!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I once played. The best bit was when they read out peoples names and everyone puts jokes in.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
tuesday at around 2pm at B.O.T.H (I think)... i have classes all tuesday afternoon this semester so i'll miss it :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)