transfers (1 Viewer)

agent_angel

HSC
hi there
just wondering if i could get a bit of info. if one wanted to transfer into undergraduate medicine at newcatsle university from another undergraduate degree, what would make up the criteria of entrance. i realise the UMAT test and interview would need to be completed at the minimum level but wat else would be required for entry? would UAI or university marks be taken into account?
thanks

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
*sigh*

for the marks component, they take into account 50% HSC, 50% GPA.

See this thread.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Because there is a list longer than my arm of threads in this 'community' asking whether UAC takes into account your UAI or GPA.

agent_angel

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Because there is a list longer than my arm of threads in this 'community' asking whether UAC takes into account your UAI or GPA.
well i didnt just decide to type the question without looking around at the posts first. i dont believe there is a site rule against putting up threads if u would like clarification on a particular issue. i appreciate your quick response however would you please refrain from putting your personal opinion, on whether or not i should post a question, to yourself. i didnt specifically ask for YOU to answer the question after all...

UGFighter

HSC
Not sure if the entry criteria for medicine has changed, but from memory, you'll also be required to do an interview and the UMAT test.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
*sigh*

for the marks component, they take into account 50% HSC, 50% GPA.

See this thread.
Why sigh? You're providing incorrect information.

Uni students who apply for uncle will have only their tertiary results count. The minimum level is GPA 5.5. However its like passing a gate. Once your over that level, your umat and interview count. The interview is said to be very important.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
agent_angel said:
thanks for that
but why the sigh?

It's frustrating seeing questions like this constantly appearing. Had you *properly* browsed the thread specified, you wouldn't have had to ask the question. That thread is brilliant, talks about EVERYTHING to do with uni transfers

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Yes but this was a different type of question in which case was answered wrongly.

agent_angel

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
He/She/It already knows that.
'it'??? hipsta jess are u a bitch or something. if u dont want to answer a question then dont. and actually i did come across that thread but due to its posts being published from 2002 i believed that its reliability was slightly underminded. hence i decided to make sure the information was indeed correct. i apologise if my thread frustrates, annoys or irritates anyone. but i didnt tell u to reply if u didnt want to, did i?

UGFighter

HSC
Ironic thing is it appears that hipsta_jess hasn't even been able to give the correct information after getting on her high horse, LOL!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
agent_angel said:
'it'??? hipsta jess are u a bitch or something. if u dont want to answer a question then dont. and actually i did come across that thread but due to its posts being published from 2002 i believed that its reliability was slightly underminded. hence i decided to make sure the information was indeed correct. i apologise if my thread frustrates, annoys or irritates anyone. but i didnt tell u to reply if u didnt want to, did i?
what thread did you go to? that thread was posted only a year ago, and it was really detailed and probably won't be any different for this year..and if it is different to this year, how would we know?! god, way to get huffy over someone sighing when she wouldn't have purposely been trying to insult you..

agent_angel

HSC
em_516 said:
what thread did you go to? that thread was posted only a year ago, and it was really detailed and probably won't be any different for this year..and if it is different to this year, how would we know?! god, way to get huffy over someone sighing when she wouldn't have purposely been trying to insult you..
i suggest u look at the link given to me my hipsta_jess. after u have done that u can tell me when the thread began (as i stipulated that that it began in 2002). and univeristy entrance systems etc do change on a yearly basis. for example newcastle univeristy, due to extreme budgeting may not be able to conduct interviews for various courses. i was just checking to see what the most up to date info was for newe uni in particular. and no im not huffy.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Medicine is the only program which will be conducting interviews from now on, because they're "special" (and all the other health programs will be getting their rejects now :rolleyes: )

As for calling you an 'it', how am I to know whether or not you're gender challenged when you don't release a gender in your profile?

Oh, and cyph, fuck off, you have even less idea of what you're talking about than I do.

Ohh and to the original poster (yet again) if you're *that* concerned about finding out, you'd contact the school, not post here among people who aren't officially 'in the know'

UGFighter

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Medicine is the only program which will be conducting interviews from now on, because they're "special" (and all the other health programs will be getting their rejects now :rolleyes: )

As for calling you an 'it', how am I to know whether or not you're gender challenged when you don't release a gender in your profile?

Oh, and cyph, fuck off, you have even less idea of what you're talking about than I do.

Ohh and to the original poster (yet again) if you're *that* concerned about finding out, you'd contact the school, not post here among people who aren't officially 'in the know'
maybe so. But I don't pride myself on being an all high and mighty know it all benefactor when I really just have the time to repeat answers to common questions like a parrot without any real understanding.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
agent_angel said:
i suggest u look at the link given to me my hipsta_jess. after u have done that u can tell me when the thread began (as i stipulated that that it began in 2002). and univeristy entrance systems etc do change on a yearly basis. for example newcastle univeristy, due to extreme budgeting may not be able to conduct interviews for various courses. i was just checking to see what the most up to date info was for newe uni in particular. and no im not huffy.
um what? it was posted on 22nd october, 2004..

he JOINED in 2002..but..that's irrelevant

and since it has changed, why ask us when we're very unlikely to know the updated information? i agree with jess, ring someone..

and i think you are getting huffy :) :uhhuh:

agent_angel

HSC
i apologise for not putting added information, such as my gender, in my profile. i didnt realise that it was a necessity. and no im not gender challenged but even those who are dont prefer to be refered to as 'it'. 'it' is rarely used in todays society as a reference to animals let alone human beings. i suggest that if you wish to embark on a profession such as occupational therapy (see, i do read threads) that you learn to be less blunt and not skip over information in a hasty attempt to give an opinion. if you had read my post properly u would have realised that i was talking about transfering from another undergraduate degree. i am not a school student. and what gives you the impression that i am '*that*' (ie. extremely) concerned about finding out. i never once in my postings criticised you for the fact that you gave me the incorrect information and i did in fact thank you when you gave a quick reply (as i did not expect one that fast). im not in a hurry to recieve this information. if i was i would contact more reliable sources such as the faculty itself. however the BOS community has a reputation for being helpful when giving other students advice and answers to particular issues. so i decided to post my question on this board based on that fact. you give me the impression, hipsta_jess, that my query was not appropriate to be posted. you believe i should have consulted other sources. yet you have stated that a long list of others have posted similar questions. did you tell each of these ppl to go and ask someone else? i hate to tell you but during your career you will encounter circumstances where you will become more frustrated than when you had to read a BOS question that is similar to many that have been posted before. as a fellow health student i find your lack of paitence very worrying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)