College and Schools- UWS new structure (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
Effective 1 January 2006, our new structure includes:

College of Arts
» School of Communication Arts
» School of Social Sciences
» School of Education
» School of Humanities and Languages
» School of Psychology

College of Business
» School of Accounting*
» School of Economics and Finance*
» School of Law
» School of Management
» School of Marketing
» Sydney Graduate School of Management

*It is likely that the Schools of Accounting and Economics and Finance will merge to form a new school.

College of Health and Science
» School of Biomedical and Health Sciences
» School of Computing and Mathematics
» School of Engineering
» School of Medicine
» School of Natural Sciences
» School of Nursing

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Guess who doesn't know what school their course belongs to.

Guess why? Cause my course doesn't exist anymore, we are the last bunch to enter and graduate before it became the Bachelor of Tourism.

But, I think the new school system is good, much less schools and much more easier to understand.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Guess who doesn't know what school their course belongs to.

Guess why? Cause my course doesn't exist anymore, we are the last bunch to enter and graduate before it became the Bachelor of Tourism.

But, I think the new school system is good, much less schools and much more easier to understand.
you'd be either in the Science one or Business (management) - i remember being told that a lot of the tourism related units are technically management units so you may fall under this...

there's probably a list on the website - because i know that the school of management lists what courses it covers so just have a flick thru the various ones it might fall under on the website coz it should be listed somewhere...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Worked it out.

Schools of social sciences and natural sciences. Much more organised this way :uhhuh:

L

LaraB

Cape said:
Worked it out.

Schools of social sciences and natural sciences. Much more organised this way :uhhuh:
yeh most of em make sense except nursing and law...

with the new med. stuff starting you'd think they'd make nursing and med their own thingo since they're trying to hype it up so much..

and law and business soooo are not the same....

i can see why stuff like finance and accounting and economics are combined coz there's not that huge a student base in each on its own and they're pretty similar...

this better not mean the buildings get changed around at parra lol...coz i finally know where everything is!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its not the fact that they are the same, its just the areas of arts, business and health and sciences are just so broad that its easier to sub divide them. (And I don't want to start a law fight either :p). Realistically theres only one course (generalising, I know that there are many law degrees) that can use law and nursing. Where as its the opposite for the broader areas. Meh, I dunno.

Either way, I think its a good move by the uni, no matter how much we kicked up a stink when they cut subjects that we wanted to do.

L

LaraB

i don't care about how they're divided coz like.. my course is never going to get cut.. its too popular and the schools bring in too much research money..

its more the fact that by these divisions - it will mean less non-uni-created funding... and when the gov etc do give funding, it'll mean they give it to the college not the specific schools... so eg - the School of ER is hugely profitable but Law isn't as much so.. but coz ER brings in a lot of money and coz now law is in teh same college, it'll mean law gets less money... same as with the new med stuff and nursing etc....

more about the money than the divisions since.. the divisions don't really mean anything:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)