student contribution changes (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
2006 Student Contribution bands and amounts
For 2006 UWS has increased the student contribution rate by 25%. Rates for studies after 2006 have not been determined.
Below are the general discipline areas and amounts per place at UWS for 2006:

National Priorities (Student Contribution Band NP) - $3,920
(Displayed on Unit Handbook pages and Notices as NP)
Education, Nursing.

Student Contribution Band 1 - $4,899
Humanities, Behavioural Science, Social Studies, Foreign Languages, Visual and Performing Arts.

Student Contribution Band 2 - $6,979
Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce, Mathematics, Statistics, Computing, Built Environment, Health, Engineering, Science, Surveying, Agriculture.

Student Contribution Band 3 - $8,170
Law, Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Science.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
A 25% increase would mean we now pay more than $220 a semester. Fucking UWS :( I thought $182 was a good amount to be paying.

jubs_

HSC
Can you defer payment? Can someone tell me the whole process of CSP courses?

L

LaraB

jubs_ said:
Can you defer payment? Can someone tell me the whole process of CSP courses?
it's just the new name for hecs..

same system just costs more :rolleyes: don't ya just love the gov.

L

LaraB

Cape said:
A 25% increase would mean we now pay more than $220 a semester. Fucking UWS :( I thought $182 was a good amount to be paying.
is that how much your units are? or are you talking about SAF?

as a side point - people who aren't in the top band should shush lol:p - one law unit costs more than $1000!!!! now! how shit! $800+ was bad enough!

and they wonder why only rich brats are desperate to go to uni now..
(yes, generalisation, i know...before anyone chucks a hissy fit)

foxydena

HSC
LaraB said:
it's just the new name for hecs..

same system just costs more :rolleyes: don't ya just love the gov.

but limited time for hecs from the government:mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

L

LaraB

melsc said:
^ at least my first few years are cheap while I am doing mostly soc sci....4th and 5th will cost me
lol 2nd n 3rd year yeh are comparatively cheaper but still expensive :(... i know my course, 1st year cost me approx $650 per business unit and approx $850 per law unit... an dthere were 4 of each...

but now - i think it would be as, if not more expensive, for 2nd n 3rd year even though i only have one law unit coz its all gone up:(

gonna be sooooo much more total..like...thousands...

think of it this way - 1st year, you'll "owe" $4000+ (+interest too!) just for your law units...

its getting to be more and more like the U.S unfortunately:( i wish i was born in the 70's when it was free:p

L

LaraB

yuck! i figured out how much the remaining 4 years of my course will cost:( - around $10500 for business units... and around $20400 for law units...

that's $30900:( plus 1st year which i think was around $2600+$3400-ish ...

so total - at least $46900 :'( plus interest.... plus bar exam.... plus more if i do anything extra...with interest that's more than a decent year's wage:(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Love being a pre-2005er in the HECS system. Yay! Its like $1000 cheaper for each band :D

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Law units for this year:
$2042.50 per semester
Total: $4085

Social Science Units:
$1224.75
Total:$2499.50

Total cost for first year:
$6534.50
lol - be happy you have a lower band for your non law... i got the next tband down for business which sucks coz "management" technically doesn't come under the stuff in band 2 lol:p

i swear - national priorities stuff lol i hate them! since when are nursing and teaching necessities but doctors n lawyers n police n engineers blah blah blah not:p

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
about to start at UWS this year. anyone wanna explain the CSP/HECS help thing to me? when do we apply?

L

LaraB

kate_is_me said:
about to start at UWS this year. anyone wanna explain the CSP/HECS help thing to me? when do we apply?
its really straight forward...

its alldone at enrolment - all you do is when you line up to get the folders of forms to fill out you just tell em you wanna do CSP not upfront and you just follow the directions on the form..

if you wanna pay off a little up front, you can - just follow the instructions on the forms.

they give you info sheets on how to do what - so don't worry about it:) not really that complicated a process

L

LaraB

melsc said:
If you pay a bit upfront when do you have to do it by? Coz I want to use my scholarship money but I dont get that till after the census.
not sure... i'm assuming it's by census date? coz that seems to makes sense..

you only need to pay off around $500 to make it worthwhile - maybe you could arrange to 'borrow' from your parents and pay em back when you get the scholarship money?

hehe one of my scholarships - they're being nice and paying us in feb rather than late march/april like it used to be :) helps 4 stuff like that

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Yeh it sucks...coz I wanted to put the 4k in and at least know a bit was paid off...i'll figure something out
believe me - NOT worth it!

you're better off putting m,aybe $1k max..

the money is sooo useful when it comes to buying texbooks etc and even photocopies and stuff - its much more beneficial not to have to worry about how you're going to pay for all that stuff.... you'll cut down heaps of the cost just by putting in $500-1000 - putting in the full $4k means you won't have that extra money that is really useful around textbook time... especially if you wanna be able to work a few less hours during semester

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)