Help me find some CSR examples for some scenarios. (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you.

I was wondering if people knew any examples where a business went bankrupt due to pursuing corporate social responsibility?

Or a business experiencing declining profits due to being boycotted due to to not pursuiting csr or being socially/ethically irresponsible.

Please link to any websites/resources if you have any.:spzz:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
From what I remember there were a few case studies in the Business Studies in Action textbook; have a look at the marketing section of the textbook as well, as both topics cover/mention corporate social responsibility

Thunderstorm

HSC
BP comes to mind and the major oil spill/ongoing environmental issues concerning the company.

"BP attained a negative public image from the series of industrial accidents that occurred through the 2000s, and its public image was severely damaged after the Deepwater Horizon explosion and Gulf Oil spill.

BP began a re-branding campaign in late 2010, and decided to focus its brand on the idea of "bringing brilliant minds together with technology at a massive scale to meet the world's energy needs", and focus its messaging on telling stories about people. In February 2012 BP North America launched a $500 million branding campaign to rebuild its brand.

The company's advertising budget was about $5 million per week during the four-month spill in the Gulf of Mexico, totaling nearly $100 million."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BP#Branding_and_public_relations

THIS article might be the most useful:
"BP Profit drops 22%"
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bp-profit-drops-gulf-mexico-oil-spill-costs-hit-42-7bn-1435013

I'm sure you could find plenty of worthwhile information, just an idea though.

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you.

I was wondering if people knew any examples where a business went bankrupt due to pursuing corporate social responsibility?

Or a business experiencing declining profits due to being boycotted due to to not pursuiting csr or being socially/ethically irresponsible.

Please link to any websites/resources if you have any.:spzz:
Cadbury

Bongos

HSC
Sodastream - they built a factory on a Palestinian settlement. They were boycotted and lost a lot of money. Forced to close down that factory + others, they still haven't recovered

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)