help! is anorexia a nutritional deficiency disease? (1 Viewer)

arls

i was pretty sure it was.. but looking over some notes nutritional deficiency is more like vitamin c and scurvy etc? can any1 confirm if anorexia is classified as a nutritional deficiency or a a mental disease.... because it is the patients external influences that makes them stop eating food and have the resulting nutritional deficiency.. like maybe its environmental or social or sumthing ?

im confused! hope sumone can help..

amyb

Well, in the Excel book anorexia and bulimia are listed as nutrirional diseases:
"Nutritionnal deficiencies resulting from anorexia and bulimia can be fatal"
So, i assume you could use it as that.

psycho_mushy

HSC
hihi arls....

anorexia is not exactly a disease because its more of a psychological thing...

u see, scurvy it happens beacuse of the lack of vitamin c.. anorexia is caused by the psyche of the person... so in my opinion it can't really be classified a "disease"

if u were to do nutritional disease, stick to scruvy.. its easy to undersatnd and describe...

psycho_mushy

HSC
hihi arls....

anorexia is not exactly a disease because its more of a psychological thing...

u see, scurvy it happens beacuse of the lack of vitamin c.. anorexia is caused by the psyche of the person... so in my opinion it can't really be classified a "disease"

if u were to do nutritional disease, stick to scruvy.. its easy to undersatnd and describe...

arls

me confused.. conflicting accounts... ah well.. i might do scurvy.... actually no! i dont want to change my notes now!!!

il ring advice line this arvo for that one.
thanks guys..

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
well i have anorexia as a nutritional disease... and in my trial i talk about it as that and i got it correct...
its nutritional however intially as a result of psychological factors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)