adaptation of aquatic animal and plant (1 Viewer)

atakach99

HSC
hey can somebody plz tell me an adaptation of 1 aquatic animal and plant

zingerburger

HSC
I suppose whale blubber is a physical adaptation that helps it keep a stable internal temperature. But the plant... An aquatic plant or any plant?

atakach99

HSC
i mean like water lily as a plant... does anybody know some adaptations of the water lily???

zingerburger

HSC
You'd be amazed at what you'd find out if you just did a little googling and reading... This is what I learned just from reading the top article after googling "adaptations water lilies":

Since water lilies have only the top surface exposed to sunlight while they float on water, all of their stomata (used for tranpsiration) and chloroplasts (used for photosynthesis) are bunched together on the top surface only. This allows them to still carry out transpiration and photosynthesis effectively. Also, the top surface has a waxy layer that repels water and helps keep the stomata open.

And that's it. Remember, try doing something for yourself before you ask for help on here. I've read other people saying it before - we're not here to do your homework for you.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
zinger is right. Try finding things out for yourself first before asking. Really general questions shouldn't take more than a minute to find the answers to.

atakach99

HSC
well thank u but as if i didnt research before posting a question.... i just wanted to see if u guys know the answer.....hahah lol ok i will research next time

PEACE

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
why not use the adaptation of mangroves, its ione of the most common ones
excretor or is it secretors, accumulators and the other one , cnat remember, but its ag ood one to use

OR use the spinifex plant!

hmmm acquatic animal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)