slow teacher.. big trouble!! (1 Viewer)

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
hey..
was just wondering.. is it a good idea to chose an option by my own?? my teacher is way too slow havent even finished the 1st chapter.. .. cant see us even finishing the option.. can anyone help??

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i think you should have a talk with your teacher about them being "slow". dont be to direct about it, but ask "what stuff do we need to knowfor the half yearlies" (i'm assuming you're in year 12), and maybe that might wake your teacher up. maybe you would like to talk to the head teacher at your science faculty as well. i believe keen students always are ahead of normal school schedule, though for some reason i always end up falling behind :(. but i know i kept ahead last year and it was good :) start reading your textbook ahead so you get some idea of what the next module is about. if you need to then teach yourself :) biology isnt thathard for self teaching. as far as chosing an option, i think you should ask what option your school is going to teach you incase you decide to study one module, and they teach another.

santaslayer

HSC
i dont think it will be wise to digress away from ur skools elective..stay with the same elective but go at ur own pace....hopefully faster then ur teacher

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
I chose my own option for Physics...while everyone else in the class did what the teacher did..and I did everything at my own pace :rolleyes:

So if u don't learn much in class i reckon the best way is take half days like i did :)...like i mean...if u don't learn a single thing in class...otherwise if your teacher is pretty ok--do your notes at home, then listen to the teacher in class...it's gonna be like revision.

tutoring is another way of working ahead.

Like e.g. for Chem i was nearly done / or half way thru the 2nd Module...when my teacher started it in class

Last edited:

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
if ur teacher is slow , just forget him/her n start working at ur own pace.

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
thanks everyone, i have started working at my own pace, i realised the text we are using is crap!! no wonder the teacher gets piles of fotocopied stuff!! but i got an excell guide, i finished reading thru search for better health!! as far as choosing the module is considered, we are going to do the human story but i look thru all the topics and communication seems my type as i have done most of it b4 in my home country!! so do u think i shud do my own topic??

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
up to you really. if your teacher is willing to help you with your module when you're stuck, then by all means, go for it :) i heard that the human story is a rather horrid option, but then again i could be wrong. i'm doing communications too but we're leaving it as the last topic we're doing. i'm sure theres 03ers who are willing to share their notes with you :)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by da_butterfree
communication seems my type as i have done most of it b4 in my home country!! so do u think i shud do my own topic??
What country are u from?

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
hey thanks guys!!! umm.. i m from india, and moved to aussiland around 9 months ago.. i did communication as a part of psychology back home!! so i think i shud be able to cope with it...
thanks heaps!!

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I dont think communications in bio is the same as communications in psychology

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
i did look it up, its heaps similar to what i did in psychology in india!! the eye and ear and its function and different parts of eyes and ears and what each one does and how the info travels etc. i think thats all the chapter talks abt, i looked in the excel guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)