Elective help!!! (1 Viewer)

mrteeson

HSC
Hello guys,
All my electives in my subjects has been chosen by teachers and have been prepared. In biology, my teacher said she has picked 'HUMAN STORY' which I had a look and found it very uninteresting since its all about fossils/dating and evolution and the funny thing is my class haven't touched it since the teacher keeps reading the textbook word by word every lesson and we are still at the 3rd core of biology.

Anyways, instead of doing Human story i have chosen 'Genetics' since it has more relation to my interest. From what i heard there's something called elective scaling? Can anyone explain that to me please and also no teacher knows i'm doing this elective since i just recently decided to do this last week monday and im half way through the topics now. When I return and tell the teachers about my elective choice, would they allow me to do it, or do i have to stick to 'Human story' because the class is doing it?

From all my classmates, they recommend me to do Human story just because everyone is doing it...

madharris

HSC
N/A
Soo you're basically going to teacher yourself genetics? We did genetics, it's very interesting, but IMO its v
Pretty difficult. Your should do the human story, yo will get resources from your teacher, homework from your teacher, etc. and also, for your trials, they might not put any genetics questions especially for you,so basically you will lose a lot of marks because you haven't covered it. Since, not many schools do the human story (all do genetics and communication), you won't be competing as much and thus you ca potentially get a better bio mark.

In summary: do the human story

Furthermore, it's more work to d by yourself, when you could be studying for biology or other subjects and if you don't understand it, theres no one to help you

Last edited:

mrteeson

HSC
arhh i see, the thing is the trials are on the 2nd week (catholic school according to CSSA), so i basically have 1 week to do some of the topics in Human story (probably teacher put limited question in that section)
In terms of help and learning,I have an experience phD tutor who has a deep understanding in genetics and that is why i'm halfway through the topic.

When you said genetics is difficult, how is difficult?
It seems alright atm im enjoying it :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Well i found it difficult (not sure about you), Just getting my head around some of the terms, what some things do and thing like that(i heard communications was a lot harder though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)