CSSA biology (1 Viewer)

mike12345678

HSC
hey guys just wanted to know how everybody went in their biology exam (CSSA).

share your thoughts on the exam and questions.

Alkanes

HSC
Hmmm idk thought it was a bit hard maybe cos i didnt study that much. But questions were pretty straight forward tbh. But still i screwed up ><

mike12345678

HSC
personally i think the question about the seedlings was quite stupid because it is not part of the syllabus but rather can be used for the syllabus part of effect of environment on phenotype. our school did the hydrangeas practical and therefore i had to make up all of it. i should get close to full marks but it definitely disadvantgaed those from my school.

other than that the paper was quite easy looking at 85%+ (looking at the exam pessimistically)

mike12345678

HSC
yes but not sharing any just in case someone hasnt done it yet like i suspect you havent and are coming on to BOS to CHEAT!!!!

blieu

HSC
Lol i forgot everything about kidneys and the prions, bacteria, virus, etc question, I stuffed up. Now I have to study for my bio prac which is tomorrow cos my stupid school made it tomorrow which is stupid cos I have chemistry the following day. dwhiAJK 65% of my bio internal in 2 days. God save me.

Lemiixem

HSC
I thought a question on viruses, bacteria, fungi and prions was going to come as a multiple choice so I didn't really study it. Then when in the exam it came as a...

Last edited:

mike12345678

HSC
i know. that was stupid. i wouldnt have thought it would be the way it was.

Brett_P

HSC
I found it quite easy. Had loads of time left over. Only really had issues with 2-3 marks worth of questions.

Pretty happy so far with trials.

mrteeson

HSC
I thought a question on viruses, bacteria, fungi and prions was going to come as a multiple choice so I didn't really study when it. Then when in the exam it came as a...
That question was very stupid especially when they asked for something*(cant state since some ppl didnt sit the exam) and the marks awarded for that question is just out of the world.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I found it really easy even though I wasn't confident at all. Hopefully I did well!

I also had a lot of time left and i filled almost every line.... i don't know if that's a good or bad sign

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
I found it very straight forward - had an hour to spare checking over everything which was good

randomnocity

HSC
i forgot a disease caused by bacteria :p is a yeast infection correct?? ahaha

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
It was pretty straight forward. I agree that the practical on the coloured light was a bit silly...

Did anyone else notice the error on Question 9 of the multi choice?

madharris

HSC
N/A
It was pretty straight forward. I agree that the practical on the coloured light was a bit silly...

I noticed it! But no one else who I asked noticed it

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
personally i think the question about the seedlings was quite stupid because it is not part of the syllabus but rather can be used for the syllabus part of effect of environment on phenotype. our school did the hydrangeas practical and therefore i had to make up all of it. i should get close to full marks but it definitely disadvantgaed those from my school.

other than that the paper was quite easy looking at 85%+ (looking at the exam pessimistically)
same, we did the hydrangeas but it was a skills question so they can ask anything they like and you just need to be able to justify an on the spot method.
I found it very straight forward - had an hour to spare checking over everything which was good
me too! i had an hour to spare, so i was so sure i must have skipped over a few questions or something lol :D

yeah, our school told us before we started what the proper answer should have been.

nb2594

HSC
N/A
what was with the multiple choice question 9? that was confusing but the rest of the paper seemed fine

jason2kool

HSC
The answer is A for question 9...
For the prac, could i have just said "place a plant inside with limited sunlight, and then another one outside..."
and 8 marks for prions, viruses...BULLSHIT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)