Discuss validity for DNA model - assessment (1 Viewer)

get_back23

HSC
part of our DNA making assessment is to discuss the validity of the model, by including 3+ weakness and strength

This is what i've come up with:

+ It shows the hydrogen bond in between the bases
+ It shows that complementary base pairs T + A and G + C match together all the time
+ It shows that DNA has its two strands physically twisted into a double helix structure
+ It shows that each nucleotide base always comes off an sugar

- It doesnt show that Adenine and Guanine (purine bases) are larger nucleotides composed of 2 rings of nitrogen base material (whats a better word)
- It doesnt show the relative size of phosphate and sugar correctly, (but which one is meant to be larger?)
- It shows incorrect twist pattern, as in an actually relaxed DNA, every 10.4 bases make up one loop whereas mine is about 5-7 bases per loop.

Is this wat i'm meant to write? any mistakes? thanks for any help ;D

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
There are dozens of inconsistencies in this model, but I think you've listed enough of the major ones to satisfy most teachers.

You could always re-write some parts in a more sophisticated way ("always comes off an sugar"), or add some more scientific terms here and there to make it sound better.

2 rings of nitrogen base material (whats a better word)
Heterocyclic rings

(but which one is meant to be larger?)
The sugar

madharris

HSC
N/A
Just quickly, I think you should tell us what you did in your model, or show us a picture or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)