How hard is hsc Biology ? (1 Viewer)

marlow415

HSC
N/A
hey guys i just wanted to ask those who have finished the biology hsc in the past - how hard is HSC biology ? How long should you be studying for it ? etc . My teacher says it's incredibly hard to get a band 6 in biology and I don't know what to expect anymore .

Please help me out .
Thanks in advance

madharris

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing HSC biology
I find the content interesting and therefore I enjoy it meaning it's not a burden to study for it.
Because I enjoy HSC biology, I don't find it difficult. However long you study for it is your own decision

The hardest thing about biology is not the content itself but answering the question and knowing what the question is asking imo

Rohanco

HSC
Bio is a very content based subject, It's pretty much a chunky syllabus with a lot memory and rote learning involved. features, functions, definitions etc..

I enjoy the subject and so I find studying for it quite interesting, if you like what your reading (because that's essentially how you study for bio, by reading the textbook) then it should stay in your brain.

It requires a bit of study, depends how good your natural memory is. There's a bit of technique involved when answering Bio's short answer style exam questions questions. I find writing short answer responses in the specific way that the HSC markers are looking for harder than actually learning the actual content. Bio markers are always snobby when it comes to how you answer the question, I think that's what your teacher means when they say getting band 6 is going to be difficult.

It pretty much boils down to this; if you're interested in Bio do it, if you're not, then don't.

Good luck :)

marlow415

HSC
N/A
im more of a physics person ,but we have started the year 12 course and looking through the syllabis it looks quite interesting . Also im thinking of dropping modern history and keeping bio because theyre my worst subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)