Ahmad Shah (1 Viewer)

youix

HSC
Just wondering.. If I rote all Ahmad Shah's notes, could I achieve a band six? Reason because I have one more module to go and if I try to memorise my teacher's notes, it would take a long time as it has a lot of information whereas Ahmad Shah's notes are concise and go straight to the point. Would it be enough?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Yes, but is this coupled with past papers to regurgitate that content knowledge?

Memorising notes can only take you so far whether it is your teachers notes (which I think will have more detailed information than other notes) or Shah's or anybody else's!

youix

HSC
Yes, but is this coupled with past papers to regurgitate that content knowledge?

Memorising notes can only take you so far whether it is your teachers notes (which I think will have more information than other summary notes) or Shah's or anybody else's!
Not yet cause I'm not 100% with my content. I went through some questions and yeah I found some of them hard. What do you reckon I should do about it? Can I learn of the sample answers? (Success One)

Some of the questions are pretty tricky as in they're wording.

By the way, can you also answer my other question about BOL module? http://community.boredofstudies.org...s-dna-controls-production-pp.html#post7037217

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Not yet cause I'm not 100% with my content. I went through some questions and yeah I found some of them hard. What do you reckon I should do about it? Can I learn of the sample answers? (Success One)

Some of the questions are pretty tricky as in they're wording.

By the way, can you also answer my other question about BOL module? http://community.boredofstudies.org...do bio, I'll leave that to the others who do.

youix

HSC
Sorry about my duplicated posts, I cant seem to delete the first one, BOS is kind of glitchy for me.

Ok, if I was you I would learn the content as much as I can If I found my self struggling to answer some past HSC questions. But you always have to consolidate past papers to in turn, get familiar with the type of questions they could ask you.

HSC sciences have strict marking guidelines and have curveball questions which are often difficult. May I ask if you did any past papers before hand for Bio? If yes, which schools'?

And I'm sorry I don't do bio, I'll leave that to the others who do.
Yes I am doing that! Yeah I've heard that you have to address all parts of the question. No I actually haven't. I just answered random multiple choice on the modules I was good in to consolidate my knowledge and they were pretty good!

Oh I see, well that doesn't really answer my question about Ahmad Shah's notes but nevertheless, thank you so much!

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Yes I am doing that! Yeah I've heard that you have to address all parts of the question. No I actually haven't. I just answered random multiple choice on the modules I was good in to consolidate my knowledge and they were pretty good!

Oh I see, well that doesn't really answer my question about Ahmad Shah's notes but nevertheless, thank you so much!
If you feel like memorising Shah's notes is more concise than of your teachers notes as well as time-effective, then by all means go for it! But if you do not do past papers then forget the band 6.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Just wondering.. If I rote all Ahmad Shah's notes, could I achieve a band six? Reason because I have one more module to go and if I try to memorise my teacher's notes, it would take a long time as it has a lot of information whereas Ahmad Shah's notes are concise and go straight to the point. Would it be enough?
Yeh roting is the way to go. Make sure you are roting the Ahmad Shah REVISED EDITED AND PERFECTED though...much better than the originals. They are the only notes i've used all year because my teacher is so crap and didn't teach us anything all year, just got us to watch all these youtube videos and crap, and I got 95% in my half yearly and 89% in my trials. But it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL if you are going for that band 6 to know what the questions are asking so practice questions as well, even if you only write bullet points of how you would answer the quesrion (if you are running out of time and don't have time to actually answer all questions) and then check it with the real answer. You need to get used to answering HSC questions if you want that band 6.

youix

HSC
Yeh roting is the way to go. Make sure you are roting the Ahmad Shah REVISED EDITED AND PERFECTED though...much better than the originals. They are the only notes i've used all year because my teacher is so crap and didn't teach us anything all year, just got us to watch all these youtube videos and crap, and I got 95% in my half yearly and 89% in my trials. But it is ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL if you are going for that band 6 to know what the questions are asking so practice questions as well, even if you only write bullet points of how you would answer the quesrion (if you are running out of time and don't have time to actually answer all questions) and then check it with the real answer. You need to get used to answering HSC questions if you want that band 6.
Thanks a lot man! Wot? Are you serious? Does that mean Ahmad's notes are crap? F*ck. I was in the middle of roting his BOL notes since they're easy to rote and understand. What do you reckon I should do? I still have last context point for Search and the whole module of Genetics to go. And that's amazing marks man. It's my dream to get those type of marks. By the way, can you answer my other threads please?

http://community.boredofstudies.org/16/biology/342835/dna-replication.html
http://community.boredofstudies.org/16/biology/342834/experiments.html
http://community.boredofstudies.org...model-process-dna-controls-production-pp.html

Flop21

HSC
I dunno, it's fairly simple to look over notes and judge if they are good and answer the dot point in enough detail. Compare them with lots of notes to see.

Once you find a good set of notes, not too simple, not too long, rote learn it all while understanding it as you go along. Don't understand something? Take some time to sit there and understand it (via videos for example).

You'll do well if you understand the content and know answers to every syllabus point.

Mr_Kap

HSC
Thanks a lot man! Wot? Are you serious? Does that mean Ahmad's notes are crap? F*ck. I was in the middle of roting his BOL notes since they're easy to rote and understand. What do you reckon I should do? I still have last context point for Search and the whole module of Genetics to go. And that's amazing marks man. It's my dream to get those type of marks. By the way, can you answer my other threads please?

http://community.boredofstudies.org/16/biology/342835/dna-replication.html
http://community.boredofstudies.org/16/biology/342834/experiments.html
http://community.boredofstudies.org...model-process-dna-controls-production-pp.html
no the original ahmad shah notes are still good, but i feel the revised ones are more complete and perfect. (but not as concise obviously). Also, the original skips dotpoints and some pracs. And also there are no Revised and edited notes for genetics. You have to use the original ahmad shad (but my brother said they are good for this topic). You should definitely learn search for better health from the REVISED EDITED AND PERFECTED, but don't worry about relearning everything with the REVISED EDITED AND PERFECTED, the old ones should still be good enough.

youix

HSC
no the original ahmad shah notes are still good, but i feel the revised ones are more complete and perfect. (but not as concise obviously). Also, the original skips dotpoints and some pracs. And also there are no Revised and edited notes for genetics. You have to use the original ahmad shad (but my brother said they are good for this topic). You should definitely learn search for better health from the REVISED EDITED AND PERFECTED, but don't worry about relearning everything with the REVISED EDITED AND PERFECTED, the old ones should still be good enough.
THANK YOU MAN! YOU'RE AWESOME :)

Also, what would you suggest? Doing practice papers? If I can't do a question what should I do? I aim to rote all his notes and then see from the syllabus which ones he missed and then learn them from other notes! Also for the dotpoint "outline, using a simple model, the process by which DNA controls the production of polypeptides", what did you memorise? Like Ahmed's notes has all this information which I don't know if I should rote or not. Or do you just have to know the process of Transcription and Translation?

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
^ not for physics mate, you need to have mint understanding of what is happening to get a band 6. Its all about that application

Mr_Kap

HSC
^ not for physics mate, you need to have mint understanding of what is happening to get a band 6. Its all about that application
I actually like that you need to understand and they ask calculation questions and understanding questions. I'm sick of rote learning, and because there is understanding i don't have to rote as much (but still a lot)

sharoooooo

HSC
dude, im rote learning Ahmads all the way.
and then im about to start past papers now.
plus, I've also done some of the 'Dot Points' textbook and learnt some of their sample answers. its pretty good :)
GL

Mr_Kap

HSC
dude, im rote learning Ahmads all the way.
and then im about to start past papers now.
plus, I've also done some of the 'Dot Points' textbook and learnt some of their sample answers. its pretty good :)
GL
Yeh me too. Dotpoints bio is the only Dotpoints book i would recommend out of BIO, PHYS, CHEM. Physics is TERRILBLE, and the chem dotpoint is average.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)