Biology 2015 Predictions (1 Viewer)

Khan.Paki

HSC
What do you guys think will be in this years Biology paper?

I reckon they will include:

- quarantine
- vaccination
- phloem/xylem
- beatle and tatum
- evidence of theory of evolution

Feel free to share your opinions. Oh and for communication. something about the eye. lol :rotfl:

Flop21

HSC
Yeah I agree with the eye for communication. Something a bit more specific about the parts and their functions (i.e. not just accommodation).

I also agree, evidence of theory of evolution.

Yeah maybe quarantine, and how our way of dealing with disease has changed over the years

Maybe renal dialysis vs kidney, or something about the Pulse oximeter and Arterial blood gas analysis

Mr_Kap

HSC
definitely the detecting sound part of communication (either technologies to fix shit, the ear, or whatever) Has popped u EVERY year since 2002 (i havent looked before)...and hearing aids have appeared in 10 papers out of 13

Flop21

HSC
definitely the detecting sound part of communication (either technologies to fix shit, the ear, or whatever) Has popped u EVERY year since 2002 (i havent looked before)...and hearing aids have appeared in 10 papers out of 13
wtf is with that, why do they need to talk about hearing aids in every single paper???

Bump, predict the 7-8 marker/s anyone??

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
wtf is with that, why do they need to talk about hearing aids in every single paper???

7 marker might be about technological advances and evidence for evolution?

rand_althor

HSC
Here's what has been asked so far:
2001: Reproductive technologies
2002: First hand investigation (size of red blood cells), Contributions of Louis Pasteur and Robert Koch
2003: Designing an epidemiological study
2004: Planning an investigation (enzyme activity under certain conditions)
2005: High mutation rates of the influenza virus and its implications for human health
2006: Assessing a procedure and confirming results of a pathogen identification experiment
2007: Possible effects of temperature change on Australian plants and animals
2008: How has understanding of biological concepts affected methods of blood banking and the implications of society
2009: Explain how genetics and the environment can affect the phenotype of individuals
2010: Using a provided secondary source to demonstrate how the practice of biology has led to the validation of current theories of evolution
2011: Describing how advances in our understanding of biology have implications for society (question provides info about an antibiotic)
2012: Contributions of Louis Pasteur, Robert Koch, MacFarlane Burnet to our understanding of the nature and prevention of infectious disease
2013: Explain how our knowledge of chromosome structure has led to reproductive technologies that have the potential to alter the path of evolution
2014: Justifying a statement using the work of three named scientists who have contributed to the developments of ideas on inheritance

They could ask:
- Designing a FHI
- Renal dialysis and kidney (comparison, advances in biology on the development of technologies)
- Evidence for the theory of evolution
- Watson/Crick/Franklin/Wilkins (describing their work + collaboration and communication)
- Models/theories/laws
- Historical development of theories of evolution and the social and political influences on these developments

Last edited:

Khan.Paki

HSC
When attacking the 7-8 markers, I've heard we should plan it out first, as in write in dot points first. Is anyone going to do this? Do you think it will be a waste of valuable time? Or should we just dive into the depths of tartarus head first, making it up as we go along.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
When attacking the 7-8 markers, I've heard we should plan it out first, as in write in dot points first. Is anyone going to do this? Do you think it will be a waste of valuable time? Or should we just dive into the depths of tartarus head first, making it up as we go along.
Thats a rookie error. Plan in your head

Mr_Kap

HSC
I always spend 2 minute on dot points of what im going to talk about so i dont forget to mention it when i'm writing the response.

like for 2012 i would write:

Pasteur ---> Spontaeuos generation --> micro-organisms , Vacccines
Koch ----> Anthrax hence Koch's Postulates ---> further casued by micro-organisms and find cause
Macfarlene Burn it---> Immune response ---> development of vaccines

And if I had time i would maybe talk about how this led to quarantines which prevent healthy people from contracting disease

Flop21

HSC
Thats a rookie error. Plan in your head
Are you serious??

That sounds like a dumb idea. Planning makes sure you get every part of the question and write about enough things.

Going into the question without a plan would make you waffle on and probably go on tangents I would imagine???

I might leave the 8/7 markers to last.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you serious??

That sounds like a dumb idea. Planning makes sure you get every part of the question and write about enough things.

Going into the question without a plan would make you waffle on and probably go on tangents I would imagine???

I might leave the 8/7 markers to last.
You should have already studied the relevant syllabus point to the extent that you know all the relevant ideas regarding the question. Its then just a matter of just going about it in your head. But yeah, I finished biology paper 45mins early. So either way. I could have come back and altered things accordingly

Mr_Kap

HSC
Like eg, what Mr_Kap did, you can do without writing it down
Yeh, its just that when im writing really fast in the exam trying to finish i might accidentally skip a point or two. Like in chemsitry there was a question on monitoring conditions of some proccess (haber process), and i didn't make a plan and because i was pushed for time i forgot to mention something easy that i knew.
In my trials on 8 marker I made a quick plan (literally wrote just this:" Lines of Defence, Vaccines"), so i wouldnt forget to talk about them, and it only took me like 10 seconds. Plus i usually finish right on time in biology because i make sure i answer the questions to the best of my ability and check them before i move on, so i don't have to go back and check my work

Flop21

HSC
I think for me it'll depend on the test for how quick I finish the paper. Some MC I finish super quick, but some it takes me a bit longer.

I think my plan will be, do MC, then go through paper doing all questions I can easily do, I'll skip any that I think will take too long. Then I'll come back and do the ones I skipped, leaving the 6-8 marked questions till last.

Mr_Kap

HSC
I think for me it'll depend on the test for how quick I finish the paper. Some MC I finish super quick, but some it takes me a bit longer.

I think my plan will be, do MC, then go through paper doing all questions I can easily do, I'll skip any that I think will take too long. Then I'll come back and do the ones I skipped, leaving the 6-8 marked questions till last.
MC i do in around 10 minutes. And then i need another 3 minutes to check if i did it correctly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)