Cell Theory (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Q. Outline the cell theory and describe the evidence to support it. (Use Robert Hooke and Robert Brown's contribution)

A. The cell theory states that all cells come from pre-existing cells as proven by Fleming when he observed mitosis. It also states that All living things are made up of cells as proven by Robert Hooke when he viewed cork cells under a compound microscope. The cell theory also states that the smallest unit of life is cells. (WHO PROVED THIS)?

Also how does Robert Brown's experiment of first viewing the nucleus support cell theory?

Last edited:

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Q. Outline the cell theory and describe the evidence to support it. (Use Robert Hooke and Robert Brown's contribution)

A. The cell theory states that all cells come from pre-existing cells as proven by Fleming when he observed mitosis. It also states that All living things are made up of cells as proven by Robert Hooke when he viewed cork cells under a compound microscope. The cell theory also states that the smallest unit of life is cells. (WHO PROVED THIS)?

Also how does Robert Brown's experiment of first viewing the nucleus support cell theory?
I think the answer to this is the use of oil immersion lenses which magnified the light microscope by 1500x enabling them to see small organisms such as bacteria and thus developing that the smallest unit of life is a cell.

scilove

HSC
I think the people that proved this are Schleiden and Schwann, who made the first cell theory.
you're right.

It's good to note that Schleiden and Schwann formulated the first two points of the theory i.e cells are the smallest units of life and all living things are made of cells, And that Virchow has the third point of cells come from preexisting cells.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
you're right.

It's good to note that Schleiden and Schwann formulated the first two points of the theory i.e cells are the smallest units of life and all living things are made of cells, And that Virchow has the third point of cells come from preexisting cells.
This is an old thread, year 12 has already started xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)