Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Green Yoda
  • 1 Post By Green Yoda

Thread: Cell Theory

  1. #1
    Hi Φ Green Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,830
    Rep Power
    3

    Cell Theory

    Q. Outline the cell theory and describe the evidence to support it. (Use Robert Hooke and Robert Brown's contribution)

    A. The cell theory states that all cells come from pre-existing cells as proven by Fleming when he observed mitosis. It also states that All living things are made up of cells as proven by Robert Hooke when he viewed cork cells under a compound microscope. The cell theory also states that the smallest unit of life is cells. (WHO PROVED THIS)?

    Also how does Robert Brown's experiment of first viewing the nucleus support cell theory?
    Last edited by Green Yoda; 15 May 2016 at 2:38 PM.
    2016 Preliminary

    Maths Extension • English Advanced • Biology • Legal Studies • Physics • PDHPE

    2017 HSC

    Maths Extension 2 • English Advanced • Biology • Physics • PDHPE

    Atar aim: 97
    Desired Course: Physiotherapy

  2. #2
    Hi Φ Green Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,830
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Cell Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by Rathin View Post
    Q. Outline the cell theory and describe the evidence to support it. (Use Robert Hooke and Robert Brown's contribution)

    A. The cell theory states that all cells come from pre-existing cells as proven by Fleming when he observed mitosis. It also states that All living things are made up of cells as proven by Robert Hooke when he viewed cork cells under a compound microscope. The cell theory also states that the smallest unit of life is cells. (WHO PROVED THIS)?

    Also how does Robert Brown's experiment of first viewing the nucleus support cell theory?
    I think the answer to this is the use of oil immersion lenses which magnified the light microscope by 1500x enabling them to see small organisms such as bacteria and thus developing that the smallest unit of life is a cell.
    2016 Preliminary

    Maths Extension • English Advanced • Biology • Legal Studies • Physics • PDHPE

    2017 HSC

    Maths Extension 2 • English Advanced • Biology • Physics • PDHPE

    Atar aim: 97
    Desired Course: Physiotherapy

  3. #3
    Hi Φ Green Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,830
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Cell Theory

    Bump
    jathu123 likes this.
    2016 Preliminary

    Maths Extension • English Advanced • Biology • Legal Studies • Physics • PDHPE

    2017 HSC

    Maths Extension 2 • English Advanced • Biology • Physics • PDHPE

    Atar aim: 97
    Desired Course: Physiotherapy

  4. #4
    Hi Φ Green Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,830
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Cell Theory

    bump lol
    jathu123 likes this.
    2016 Preliminary

    Maths Extension • English Advanced • Biology • Legal Studies • Physics • PDHPE

    2017 HSC

    Maths Extension 2 • English Advanced • Biology • Physics • PDHPE

    Atar aim: 97
    Desired Course: Physiotherapy

  5. #5
    I love trials pikachu975's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,961
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Cell Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by Rathin View Post
    bump lol
    I think the people that proved this are Schleiden and Schwann, who made the first cell theory.
    Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.

    Solar Education - CHEAP Quality Tutoring

    Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //
    Goal: 99.8+

  6. #6
    New Member scilove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Cell Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    I think the people that proved this are Schleiden and Schwann, who made the first cell theory.
    you're right.

    It's good to note that Schleiden and Schwann formulated the first two points of the theory i.e cells are the smallest units of life and all living things are made of cells, And that Virchow has the third point of cells come from preexisting cells.

  7. #7
    I love trials pikachu975's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,961
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Cell Theory

    Quote Originally Posted by scilove View Post
    you're right.

    It's good to note that Schleiden and Schwann formulated the first two points of the theory i.e cells are the smallest units of life and all living things are made of cells, And that Virchow has the third point of cells come from preexisting cells.
    This is an old thread, year 12 has already started xD
    Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.

    Solar Education - CHEAP Quality Tutoring

    Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //
    Goal: 99.8+

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •