Biology assessment Y11 (1 Viewer)

highshill

HSC
Hi, everybody, I am currently doing my biology assignment and am stuck on one question does any one have arguments for and against creationalist model and scientific reasons, if have an answer but its too vague its 3 marks

Thanks. :cool::read:
Its this dotpoint:

discuss the ways in which developments in scientific knowledge may conflict with the ideas about the origins of life developed by different cultures

Last edited:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I can't really remember this year 11 stuff but the creationalist model is that a god created all life and the world. E.g. for Christianity it's God and so is Judaism.

The scientific knowledge states that life formed from organic molecules (I think) on Earth or on outer space, something like that which clearly conflicts with creationalist models as one states that it is because of molecules joining to form life and one says the cause is a being; a god.

xiaren

HSC
Also, according to creationism (and most religious/cultural views about the origins of life), life forms haven't changed over time, as they were simply created by a higher power (e.g. God). Whereas according to scientific knowledge, life has evolved over time from really simple organisms (which arose from organic molecules as said above) to more complex organisms. You might also be able to talk about the fact that scientific knowledge is based on evidence (e.g. fossil evidence, Urey and Miller experiment) and is therefore subject to change in light of new evidence, whereas creationism etc. is based on faith and religious texts.

highshill

HSC
So do you know some pro and cons of each model:wavey:

Thanks

Last edited:

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
- Science: Evolution; all living beings are continually changing, not made, but rather developed.

- Christians: Biblical creationism; all life forms made as they are by God, no change after some time

- Indigenous Australians: The Dreamtime; awesome powerful creatures existed in the dreamtime and made the Earth and everything in it

- Greek: Aristotle's thoughts that the entire universe had a pecking order and that it began from rocks, up through plants and creatures, to people, lastly to God.

- Chinese: Believe the primary life form was Pangu, who developed in a mammoth universal egg. All components of the universe were in the egg, all blended. In the egg, 18,000 years later the egg incubated, and Pangu died from the labour of creation.

- Romans: Lucretius, a Roman who accepted that there was no God, on the grounds that the universe was so defective. It was made of particles all pressing together.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)