PDH vs Biology vs Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Pandamonium99

HSC
Hi all,

Could anyone with experience in these courses give me some advice.

My current subjects include:

3U Maths
Adv English
1 SoR
VA
Chem
Bio

I find that the workload is pretty heavey. I was wondering whether switching from chem to PDHPE would be a good idea? I've heard it complements biology pretty well

Also, my chem teacher is never here and skims though hard concepts - I feel our class has gaps in our knowledge.

Regardless, I would prbably switch SoR to catholic studies and maybe drop 3U to 2U maths.

Any advice would be helpful :)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Yeah pdhpe is a good subject to study with bio, so if you think you're gonna have a hard time with chem (you probably will considering the circumstances), then switch.

Robbie M

HSC
Bio is not hard but rather has a lot of content so keep that in mind, Pe is pretty easy, mostly just common sense and memorizing syllabus headings. Personally i found Chem to not be too tricky but that might just be me.
I do all three, there is very little cross over between PE and Bio,

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Biology is pretty fun for example if you want to study medicine you might like biology or if you just like the sort of subject in general, but it's a lot of memorising and applying the knowledge. From what I've heard and seen PDH doesn't really have matching content but bio has stuff about the PROCESSES of the body while PDH has stuff about the STRUCTURE (I THINK, I don't do PDH).

Chem I'm not sure I dropped out of it because of the teacher but like the whole chem class has tutoring so if you keep chem you'll most likely need one or have to study hard to understand all the concepts.

Pandamonium99

HSC
Thanks guys for all the comments!

Also another point of consideration is that if I drop chem then I wouldn't have two prac exams for year 12, correct?

Pandamonium99

HSC
One more question: would I be at adisadvantage switching to PDHPE without knowledge of the preliminary course?

Robbie M

HSC
There is very little continuation from year 11 PDHPE to year 12, only one small section. You're not missing out on anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)