Question on HSC questions about Prac's (1 Viewer)

Brownie2829

HSC
N/A
Hey guys. So I'm just going through some past papers and was wondering can they ask you a prac question on a prac that's possibly not in the syllabus? I'm only asking this because in the 2007 paper Q23, they ask:

"Nothofagus gunnii is a deciduous beech tree that grows in Tasmania. When environmental temperatures decrease at the beginning of winter the beech tree drops its leaves.
Design a procedure, using potted beech seedlings, to investigate the temperature at which leaves begin to drop"

I can't remember learning stuff about this, but then again it's entirely likely I forgot to summarise the dot point relating to this as well. Thanks for any response!!!

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey guys. So I'm just going through some past papers and was wondering can they ask you a prac question on a prac that's possibly not in the syllabus? I'm only asking this because in the 2007 paper Q23, they ask:

"Nothofagus gunnii is a deciduous beech tree that grows in Tasmania. When environmental temperatures decrease at the beginning of winter the beech tree drops its leaves.
Design a procedure, using potted beech seedlings, to investigate the temperature at which leaves begin to drop"

I can't remember learning stuff about this, but then again it's entirely likely I forgot to summarise the dot point relating to this as well. Thanks for any response!!!
They can ask you to design your own prac in HSC as that is a skill: designing a practical. You just need to use the information they give and make your own prac

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)