Module C - Powerplay (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
it was ok i guess, it was a bit hard to twist it around to fit julius caesar but it worked out ok

DAMN this is a fast server! im capped and i can get on! go team!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
oh i didnt know that you did JC bliss.... how did you fit "real power" etc to JC?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah it was hard i htought..... cuz wot do u define as real power? julius caesar's power or antony's.....i siad osmehting along the lines of julius caesar didnt have the real power becuase it was obvious hence in jupedy of pplz tyring to caese it and hence he is dead....and antony had the real power...and thru his power of oratory, peronsal power etc, he subtly gained power..ie: not obvious.......i just fulli bsed...... i didnt lyk that question at all.....JC in terms of powerplay is just moo....then gotta do all dat rela fake power with the obvious and not obvios..... pt is...i didnt lyk that quesiton for JC... *siighs*..at least enlgihs is all over...well advanced aniwayz..

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah. go ext1....

luckily i could relate my related texts (a cartoon about Bush and "Cruel Intentions") to the q. i think i did ok with them.

hey do you know if we're meant to spread focus evenly, or focus on core text? cos i think i did em all evenly, and i dunno if i was meant to do more on JC

@nimal

I found it the best out of all the advanced modules. JC is the best text to try to do anything with 'cause most things in the world have some sort of power struggle or powerplay to them

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
bloody awsome question i thought...i loved the whole idea of getting some po-mo in there :)

and congrats on the server guys, what ever ya guys did fixed it up good :)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yeah I really thought i could relate my "techniques" of power to this question...

In my 1984 response all my techniques of power "were not obvious" so i simply stated this as I explained my essay...

Quite a good question actually... I choose to write a feature article...

I even had time at the end to talk to my audience and bag out George Bush... lolz

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Beaky
Quite a good question actually... I choose to write a feature article...
you couldn't exactly choose, they kinda told you to do it :D

swordfish

i think the julius caesar question was the hardest....none of my additional texts fit....so i whacked them on at the end (in the last 5minutes) and hoped that the prescribed text made up for it! my english teacher was waiting for us to come out of the room and she pounced, all stressed and going, "How did u go with the powerplay bit?"

tieki

JC question was alright, real power resided with antony and cassuis cos their powerplays went unnoticed...my related texts went the other way though, so I had to look at both sides of the argument...came out alright :)

tempco

HSC
Well, I chose to depict real power as the power of the mob, and revolved my article around that. Seeing that the power of the mob wasn't obvious when I started the module, I could fit it in pretty well, discussing how there were other types of powers, but in the end it was the powerplayers that could control the mob to the greatest extent that succeeded. Good question, in my opinion.

haz_it_all

mod c question also asked HOW the texts represent powerplay.....so u shuldve done alot of techniques for ur core text + 2 related texts

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by haz_it_all
mod c question also asked HOW the texts represent powerplay.....so u shuldve done alot of techniques for ur core text + 2 related texts
There was no "HOW" anywhere in the question:).

I only had twenty minutes left when I started Module C, so it was not my best, only three pages:(.

Did anyone write a by-line or write in columns:confused:? I wrote a by-line but decided not to write in columns:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)