Elements and Compounds found in Coal and Crude Oil? (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
I've been trying to answer a question on what elements and compounds are found in Coal, Natural Gas and Crude Oil. I've found sufficent information to answer the question for Natural Gas but I'm having trouble with Coal and Crude Oil.

The problem is that most sources are so vague such as for Crude Oil, I've only been able to find information stating that Crude Oil is composed of Hydrocarbons (Alkane Family) and Organic sulfur. For Coal, I've come up with Carbon, Organic Sulfur, Hydrogen, Oxygen and Nitrogen. So I've found the elements but what compounds do they form within Coal?

If anyone can help me with what Crude Oil is made up of, I know Hydrocarbons but I want to be more specific, and the compounds found in Coal. I'll be ever so greatful.

Thank you in advance.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Some information on composition of coal here. You won't find much info on the compounds found in crude oil, mainly because there are so many different compounds that you can find which consist of up to 15-25 carbon atoms. Try searching the net with the keyword "petroleum", as this is the same as crude oil. Hope that helps.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
I already looked at the wiki page on Coal, that's where I got the elements found in Coal. I guess what I found is as specific as I can be.

I'll try searching for crude oil as petroleum.

Thank you once again for helping me out with a question. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)