2003 hsc large questions?? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what do you think they could be?

i am not sure if this has been done before but if not, the acid rain and formation of acidic oxides dot point could be one

abdooooo!!!

Banned
it could be any of the dot points in the syllabus with a high difficulty level verb.

even if they asked it last year there is no rules saying that they can't ask it again.

they might produce a question on the dot points of process and analyse information crap... which could virtually be anything. for example for the dot point: analyse information from secondary sources such as computer simulations, molecular model kits or multimedia resources to model the polymerisation process

they might give you a question based general knowledge like the one on successone: justify the appropriateness of using sources as compter simulations and molecular model kits to model the polymerisation process. which is totally unexpected because the "justify" type question is normally for experiments only. thats what im really afraid of, a question like that.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
it could be any of the dot points in the syllabus with a high difficulty level verb.

even if they asked it last year there is no rules saying that they can't ask it again.

they might produce a question on the dot points of process and analyse information crap... which could virtually be anything. for example for the dot point: analyse information from secondary sources such as computer simulations, molecular model kits or multimedia resources to model the polymerisation process
but how could that be worth 7 marks?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by iambored
but how could that be worth 7 marks?
the question in successone is actually worth 6 marks. "justify" is a high difficulty verb, so potentially it could be worth up to 7 marks. but i don't know how someone could come up with 6 valid points about something like that in an exam situation without actually studied it before in a textbook. i can only think of 1 or maybe 2...

nerdd

I think it'll be on like the production of ammonia and probably the haber process and the signficance, or it could be evaluate the improvements made in each development on the acid theory (arrhenis, lowry, davy etc)
or even maybe the whole galvani, davy and volta development in current and all that crap.

what's that computer simulation?! we never ever ever ever did that!

chip

HSC
i reckon a question on ethanol and its uses (adv/disadv)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by nerdd

or even maybe the whole galvani, davy and volta development in current and all that crap.
WHAT??? Where is that in the syllabus??

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
WHAT??? Where is that in the syllabus??
haha, i was going to ask as well. i thought it was physics

yasminwright

how about:

Outline an investigation using any of the inicators (methyl orange, bromothymol lue, phenophalein) to identify the smallest pH range of normal rainwater (thought to have a pH aprox. 5.6) predict the results of your investigation and the pH range this indicates. Justify.

shadowRRL

HSC
just hope there's nothing about the treatment of your local water system supply

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by shadowRRL
just hope there's nothing about the treatment of your local water system supply
same but i found quite a large dot point on the prac side which is on testing the water supply, so it could very likely be that - how u test it, what may cause contamination etc.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ~TeLEpAtHeTiC~
i HOPE its the haber process
so do i, but it has been done in a past hsc so i'm not counting on it

what if we get all the crap parts of the syllabus?!?!?!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
it might be your local water system, or an Australian chemist,

they are the worst that can happen... to me anyway

s2ophie

HSC
i would die if it was the chemist one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)