Ethanol and Cells (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Hey guys,
with the point:
process info from 2nd sources to summarise the process involved in the industrial production of ethanol from sugar cane
do u think conquering chemistry's info is good enof or should i use other sources. my teacher would prolly know i got it from conquering and didnt really try are there any other good sources - other text books / websites?

also with :
gather and present info on the structure and chemistry of a dry cell or lead acid celll and evaluate it in comparison to one of the following ;button, fuel, vanadium redox, lithium, liquid junction photovolatic device in terms of chem, cost and practicality, impact on society and environment impact
where do i find this stuff? there is a brief explanation in conquering and i cant find any comprehensive websites .. if anyone could help id love it

Thanks xoxo

juggernaut

HSC
i did an assessment on the second dotpoint listed there, getting info from various websites, textbooks, articles etc.. it became comprehensive because i collected data from a large number of sources

however, if ur just looken for something short and sweet then the summary of this point in frigids chem notes is really good
(dry cell and fuel cell)

i did the dry cell and fuel cell so if u wanna know anything, just ask

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
also with :
gather and present info on the structure and chemistry of a dry cell or lead acid celll and evaluate it in comparison to one of the following ;button, fuel, vanadium redox, lithium, liquid junction photovolatic device in terms of chem, cost and practicality, impact on society and environment impact
where do i find this stuff? there is a brief explanation in conquering and i cant find any comprehensive websites .. if anyone could help id love it

Thanks xoxo
check the excel 'in a month' study guide for chem. someone posted it up here before. (hipsta_jess if i remember correctly). it has everything briefly except 'chemistry'. i agree the text books arent too good

abdooooo!!!

Banned
i have a pretty good source on the sugar cane thing... but its on paper that i got from the teacher and i don't have a scanner

anyway, the general process is:
o Pressing of sugarcane to extract the juice
o Boiling the juice until it begins to thicken and sugar begins to crystallize
o Spinning the crystals in a centrifuge to remove the syrup, producing sucrose
o Water and yeast is added to the sucrose, the sucrose reacts with water producing glucose and fructose
o Fermentation occurs producing ethanol in a water mixture
o Distillation of the ethanol and water mixture separates ethanol from the water

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)