to drop chemistry or not... (1 Viewer)

Lanina

HSC
Hey everyone,
so yes I know im in term 3 still doing chemistry and am thinking of dropping and yes it might be last minute but i got told you could drop whenever plus if i drop im left with only 10units soo I need some advice.

Should i drop it or not? and here are my reasons for definately dropping and not thinking twice about it ,
1) teacher can't teach for crap
2) don't understand what she's teaching , no one does ( and I am not joking about that )
3) I've stuffed up already thanks to her
4) same as number 1
5) started to hate it now
6) she DOES NOT cover whats in the syb which is annoying since it is in our HSC hmm

the reasons to not drop
1) I'll only be left with 10 units i have 12 at the moment
2) everyone keeps talking about the scaling of it compared to bio ( i also do bio)
so i want to know more about this scaling part otherwise im convinced im dropping but just wanted to here everyone else's advice.

cheers guys :)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
1. Consider getting a Tutor.
2. Self-teach.
3. If you are going to drop, consider how well you will do with the other subjects.
4. Don't let the scaling thing get you, no matter what combination of subjects you can still get a good UAI.

awesomestix

HSC
yeah depends how your going in the other subjects
if your doing well its not an issue doing 12 units

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Listen to what Fortify said.

Also, the main factor that you should use in determining whether to drop or not is how well you are going. What marks and ranks are you getting in chem? What are the average, lowest and highest marks in your chem class? How well (mark and rank wise) are you getting for your other subjects?

By the way, it doesn't matter whether you have 10 or 12 units. There's no point keeping 2 "back up" units if you're going to get miserably low marks in them.

studentcheese

HSC
I think you should drop it. Your reasons to drop are more valid than your reasons against dropping.

~caramello~

HSC
Like fortify said, I would seriously try to get a tutor or self learn and see how it goes. If that fails, maybe drop it. 10 units a bit risky imo.

Lanina

HSC
I just started to get a tutor for chem only into my second lesson with him and at the moment I'm not doing so well in chem in terms of ranks. The first assessment i passed but not with flying colours and the half-yearly we just did I'm sure i failed alongside with everyone in my class who agreed it wasn't such a smooth exam.

What worries me more is the whole idea of only having 10units but it would be good to drop since ill be able to pull some ranks in other subjects which I have more of a passion for and in terms of courses at Uni im interested in , chem would be favourable if i continue hmmm.

micuzzo

HSC
i was in the same situation as u... wat i did was just applied myself more... did my own study using sylabus and various notes from net and of corse text books... now i think i am doing pretty well....

just use the sylabus and try hard and get a tutor if it helps... if not then drop.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I just started to get a tutor for chem only into my second lesson with him and at the moment I'm not doing so well in chem in terms of ranks. The first assessment i passed but not with flying colours and the half-yearly we just did I'm sure i failed alongside with everyone in my class who agreed it wasn't such a smooth exam.

What worries me more is the whole idea of only having 10units but it would be good to drop since ill be able to pull some ranks in other subjects which I have more of a passion for and in terms of courses at Uni im interested in , chem would be favourable if i continue hmmm.
This shows that you want to continue it. You have a little over 4 months until trials. That's enough time to catch up otherwise finish the school syllabus. If your rank is bad, you can always ace you externals or not let Chemistry count in you best 10 units.

HSC
Nah, I think you should keep it.
You could easily improve, and if you don't, its always good to have it as a back-up ;) :)

carlytse621

HSC
Hey, your situation is EXACTLY same as me. Maybe my one is worse than you (i am serious too). But I do fine now and I love it now after I attend summer school in the january holiday. Yea, I would recommand you to try tutor first and see. :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
^ LOL.

Well from what you said, i still have no idea where you sit in the class. But since chem seems to be needed/recommended knowledge for a uni course you want to do i'd keep. You still ahve time to catch up so start craking! Otherwise, just drop it.

jordzy

HSC
FUCK THAT!!!

honestly, chem is shit easy , teach ur self, get a tutor, honestly its not so hard as to not be able to do it your self.

sounds to me like 1 sure you might have shit teacher, but same time ur probz shit at chem in general.

honesty hurts

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
FUCK THAT!!!

honestly, chem is shit easy , teach ur self, get a tutor, honestly its not so hard as to not be able to do it your self.

sounds to me like 1 sure you might have shit teacher, but same time ur probz shit at chem in general.

honesty hurts
I want to see you get 100 for Chemistry if it's "shit easy".

sannous1

HSC
eh ur doing 12 units, and if ur going to be wasting your time, on chem and stressing, just drop it hun, i mean dont worry about scaling, once u drop chem u will be able to focus more on ur other subjects, and im doing 10 units its perfectly normal, alot of others do 12, or keep it and see how u do in ur trials, and then jst simply dont sit the chem exam in the hsc.

Goodluck

Lanina

HSC
I agree Fortify , lets see jordzy get 100 in chem and then top in the state if he says its "easy shit" or whatever . Imagine having a crap teacher who doesn't understand chemistry themselve's, let alone have the worse methods to teach a complicated subject that requires to be deciphered for a yr12 class, so now try putting yourself in my position. My understanding would relfect at least approx 75% her teaching and the rest my own revision so be smart before you say anything like that thanks :)

Lanina

HSC
by the way: Forgot to say thank you to everyone and their advice , greatly appreciated to all :)

Bainesy

HSC
drop, dumbass teacher can ruin your uai. ruined mine

drop drop drop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)