is the conquering chem book good? (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
jus askin if the conquering chemistry book is the best round or if there are better ones pple noes of
thanx

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I think it is the most popular, because it is one of the best.

It has the facts you need, and none that you really don't. It has great questions and questions at the end of each module.

Huy

HSC
N/A
I used Conquering Chemistry (CC) too. It's a bit thick to carry around (almost daily), but I would recommend this text.

It has everything you'll ever need, but do purchase other textbooks too, if you're not happy with CC's depth or approach to the HSC. :)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
I used Conquering chem, and pathways, n chem in context...i.e. use all three to answer the dt pts. u can also get those Surfine books.
all good...well thats what i think
i would recommend u to make your own notes from these books- better than studying from other people's notes, u can however use other's notes to get an idea, or to see if ur missing out some dt. pt.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i like chemistry contexts as well. i used both conqering and contexts together (for making my own notes under syllabus dot points which i then learnt). what one doesn't do properly, generally the other does

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Yeah i think conquering chem is great! i also have chemistry contexts 2 and i think they compliment each other nicely.. id recommend both of those
good luck xoxo

Wohzazz

HSC
I got CC and context 2

CC: great, easy to understand though lacks depth. Roland Smith does a good job of reduce the complexities of otherwise complicated theory
Context 2: goes into depth, more detail and more comprehensive

Pathways i've considered but i think those two books and notes you get from here and other sites will be enough
*cheers for BOS*

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Get surfing Chemistry :)

It has plenty of practice questions with answers and a pretty darn good summary of the course. Plus it's pretty cheap.

juggernaut

HSC
i got cc + contexts 2 as primary (given to me by school)
and then i use macquaire and frigids notes for a nice course summary to follow
then i use surfing and success one for practice...

ps. macquarie revision guides r really good, get them

Wohzazz

HSC
LOL 'frigids notes'.. not making fun of it but you make it sound like a official text book or publication
those notes i must say are really good, some of the stuff i can't even find in my text books

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)