What i need to know (1 Viewer)

Wohzazz

HSC
Do i need to know the other polymers besides HDPE, LDPE, polyvinylchoride and polysytrene
I'm thinking PAN, and some of the condensation polymer
I mean it's a lot of remembering, especially if you want to remember properties, major uses, production process (catalyst use, temp, atmos pres, etc.)
I'm ok with most of the theory, because once you know it, it's all logical and makes sense. But remembering is so hard and stressful

Also, i'm really lazy, and i go to site like csu and tend to copy the notes after writing my own one because it is so much better and concise. I feel my plan of writing my own notes ruined.
Should i still write my own notes and not go to the site, or should i just copy everything from the site because it is that much better:

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You need to know another condensation polymer such as PHA or PHB and describe it.

PAN is no longer required by the syllabus, it was taken out for 2003, YAY.

The properties are a PAIN in a bum to remember, it's not really concept related so it's all about memorising the stuff a few nights before.

You should always go to the CSU site. It's one of the most valuable resources.

What I did was basically re-write their notes into my note book as a dot point summary to understand the concept. then I re-wrote it using textbooks and from my own memory.But that method is to learn the minimum amount possible to do well because I had to cram a week before :(

juggernaut

HSC
is csu really that good? i havent found it that useful, as opposed to other summaries that ppl have posted on here

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I found CSU to be a life saver.

Because it's also done by the university you know it's mostly correct, and it's set out in a nice way, though I usually print it all out.

kacca29

HSC
N/A
csu summaries

I'd recommend printing out the csu summaries and using them along with your class notes and text to make your own summaries. It's much the best way to learn it all. And if ur lazy best START NOW or you'll never get it finished (from much experience as student and tutor :) )

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
You don't need to know LDPE or HDPE, just polyethene in general, as well as polystyrene and polyvinylchloride

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Actually you do need to know the processes involved in making LDPE and HDPE.

I'm pretty sure it says it on the syllabus.

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Ragerunner, I think it specifically asks u to know the "Zeglar Natter" process, which I think only refers to HDPE...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
There are 2 process which is as you said "Zieglar Natta process" to make HDPE. The other process is the "gas phase process" used to make LDPE.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Do we need to know the Zieglar Natta Process? My teacher mentioned it but we wrote down the heading and just left it...this was after writing pages of notes on the gas phase process...
:(

I did a tonne of stuff on Biopol (PHA/PHB) if anyone needs it.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Yes you need to know the process of the Zieglar Natta process, it's basically just memorisation work :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
LOL how funny is this.... I have never even heard of the Zieglar Natta process.... lucky it wasn't asked in the HSC eh?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Haha, maybe you did, but it might of ocme under a different name.

I spent the night before the HSC just doing memorisation. *kisses SuccessOne book*

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
LOL how funny is this.... I have never even heard of the Zieglar Natta process.... lucky it wasn't asked in the HSC eh?
Ashlee, did you happen to have the Ellis for Chemistry like me?

Hmmm, so I do need to know it...greeeeeaaat. *Dives into Macquarie Study Guide, CC and PCC.*

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Nup, I had Mr Blowes...

Macquarie Study Guide and CSU + CC + chem tutor (Mr O Shaugnessy) saved my ass for chem. Chem and I just didn't "bond"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)