What option are you doing this year? (1 Viewer)

What option will you be doing in the 2009 HSC

• Total voters

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Industrial but I wanted to do shipwrecks as I heard that it is easier.

Laika_

Banned
HSC
shipwrecks is probably the easiest thing you will do in life

shady145

Banned
HSC
my class didnt get to chose, it was my teacher choice. but she said she chose industrial becasue most people are doing that, which may mean it could be easier to do better than others on it because most schools who do it are low ranked ones. my teachers a drop kick so yea thats prob not the case

Laika_

Banned
HSC
yeah your teacher is a drop kick
because shipwrecks is the easiest for schools to do due to the fact you dont need any special equipment etc

lychnobity

HSC
Industrial - easier than shipwrecks, because it's mostly bits and pieces from the other topics + extended applications of Le Chatelier's Principle.

niloony

HSC
Forensics....most parts of it are interesting. Our teacher said its probally the trickiest one of the 5 so hopefully that will translate into better marks if you have an understanding of chem >>.

Only problem is that Chemical monitoring/management is the basis for most of the stuff we do in it and its mainly rote learning =/

jules.09

HSC
Industrial.

It is an extension of Le Chatelier, and you learn how soap is made, how NaOH is manufactured and yeah. Pretty sweet.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Our teacher chose - Industrial :(
sooo wanted to do shipwrecks, but oh well...

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
niloony said:
Forensics....most parts of it are interesting. Our teacher said its probally the trickiest one of the 5 so hopefully that will translate into better marks if you have an understanding of chem >>.

Only problem is that Chemical monitoring/management is the basis for most of the stuff we do in it and its mainly rote learning =/
true and a lot of it is about biological chemistry too. But if you have a grounding in chem it is pretty basic to do. I've started the theory by myself i don't find it too hard cause I've done a lot on proteins in bio and food tech and a lot on sugars in food tech so that overlaps. And then there is the stuff about DNA and some of the dot points are ALMOST word for word of that of the Biology unit BOL so this topic has a lot of overlap. And the CMM stuff that is included is mainly about accuracy and monitoring of some of the processes not too much. I find it is more related to POM unit personally.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
so its agreed shipwrecks is the easiest and anyone who disagrees is a moron or brainwashed by their dumb teacher

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
in class how far through your option are you in class?

we haven't even started it yet. (I have cause i know they i need it done for trials) we still haven't finished CMM yet.

Last edited:

aimzlouise

HSC
we have finished all our topics including the option which was ship wrecks... :) so next term is revision. i thinks

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
industrial but i desperately want to do forensic, but hte school doesn't have the equipment. imo, you'd be better off getting that than giving those laptops to the ratty year nines. grrrr. lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)