Regarding practising chemistry questions (1 Viewer)

liquid_soda

HSC
Hi, first post. I recall my teacher saying after a certain year that the syllabus got a lot of content rid of, so how far back should I go in practising past hsc questions? I also have my hands on Success One and Chemistry Dot Point and then can get sample answers off past hsc exams (only 2012 and before though). Which resource should I compare my answers to?

-cheers

liquid_soda

HSC
Rephrasing the question, I need answers. Should I compare my sample hsc responses to (a) sample answers from past hsc exams (b) sample answers from hsc past paper books (excel success one) (c) Info from textbooks; or else there will be a bombardment of answer comparison

zhertec

HSC
Generally compare with the answers of success one and dot point etc, but in some cases the answers presented in these books are not that great really, so if that's the case either head to the BOS marking criteria and mark it yourself (however this is somewhat bias and can be both beneficial/detrimental depending on your leniency) OR give it to your teacher to mark it (provided they are a good teacher and have knowledge in the area etc).

liquid_soda

HSC
Thanks Zhertec. I'll follow your suggestions and as well leave a couple of days gap before I mark to be less biased

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)