How would I go about revising Chemistry? (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Our class is currently learning Chemical Monitoring and Management, and I'm really liking it because it's interesting. But the last two modules I wasn't really paying attention to it and I want to revise from the start, but how should I do it? What do I revise each day?

Last edited:

Kaido

be.
HSC
Get your textbook, notes from peers or internet or anything else at your disposal.
Track down the dotpoints that you think you've missed and write up something

Kaido

be.
HSC
Or if you have any specific questions you can always PM me and ill try to help

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Get your textbook, notes from peers or internet or anything else at your disposal.
Track down the dotpoints that you think you've missed and write up something
I think I've missed literally everything for the two modules (POM and Acidic), how should I revise? What do you mean by write up something? Also I use Ahmad Shah's notes and I'm sure they're great because I understand so far everything in Chemical Monitoring and Management.

Kaido

be.
HSC
Well, to cut down time for revision, question yourself all the dotpoints and see if you can answer them in a succinct manner by writing it on paper.
If this seems too tedious, you can do past papers first.

Now, for every question and respective dotpoint that you are unfamiliar with since you got it wrong, use Ahmed Shah and a textbook and try to understand or rote it
Every week, revise your weaknesses by doing the questions again and repeating this process.

For me, it took three weeks to learn 3 whole modules from scratch and another three weeks to ingrain it via questions

gl bro

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Past papers! Do all the questions you can do!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Focus on the dotpoints and keep doing past questions! The Dot Point book will help a lot if you're not that confident. Acidic Environment is quite concept-based (compared to say POM and CMM) so that may require a bit more reading and learning.
That's what I started doing, I'm answering the Dot Point Multiple Choice questions (and extension questions) and it helps me understand the information better. Hopefully after I'm done answering all the questions I'll return back to the notes I'm using to increase my understanding of the information, really feeling confident so far.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
1. know your content
2. practice

(I didn't do enough of (2) for final HSC but still came out with 86)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)