Any way to learn Chemistry Course in a week?? (1 Viewer)

hollytrieu

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, is it possible to learn the chemistry course in a week?
Any tips?? Thank you!!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Possible for core modules, if you want to include option then I'm not sure, but if you spend at least in these holidays 2 days in each core, then you might understand the information then you apply your knowledge to past papers.

hollytrieu

HSC
N/A
Possible for core modules, if you want to include option then I'm not sure, but if you spend at least in these holidays 2 days in each core, then you might understand the information then you apply your knowledge to past papers.
my option is shipwrecks, so I guess thats okay! so i should study the content for 2 days in each module and then do practice exam papers later? i dont know how to memorise everything since it's so much?? thanks!!

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
When you say learn do you mean revise?

If so then, yes, it is possible

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
my option is shipwrecks, so I guess thats okay! so i should study the content for 2 days in each module and then do practice exam papers later? i dont know how to memorise everything since it's so much?? thanks!!
Actually you can do something better. Since there is quite alot of content to memorise, start doing past papers now with your notes, textbook or whatever you use next to you, once you start doing similar questions paper by paper, you'll naturally start memorising.

hollytrieu

HSC
N/A
When you say learn do you mean revise?

If so then, yes, it is possible
Yeah, i guess so, I mean I know bits of it, but if you compare me to people in tutor... then I don't know much at all

hollytrieu

HSC
N/A
Actually you can do something better. Since there is quite alot of content to memorise, start doing past papers now with your notes, textbook or whatever you use next to you, once you start doing similar questions paper by paper, you'll naturally start memorising.
Okay, so you think i should start doing past paper questions now to develop my skills, and then when my trials start, I should start memorising the content?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Okay, so you think i should start doing past paper questions now to develop my skills, and then when my trials start, I should start memorising the content?
You got it, but don't rely on just memorising. What I mean if there's something you already understand maybe take a look at the marking criteria and see if you can improve your answers, only memorise for info you don't understand.

hollytrieu

HSC
N/A
You got it, but don't rely on just memorising. What I mean if there's something you already understand maybe take a look at the marking criteria and see if you can improve your answers, only memorise for info you don't understand.
Okay, thanks so much!!! seriously don't know where to start because chemistry is so hard :( Thank you again!!

Chris_S

HSC
Does anyone use those KISS Chemistry resources they are really helpful and everything is concise and summed up well! You can learn the course efficiently with them but extra resources like textbooks would be needed for more in depth notes

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Yeah, i guess so, I mean I know bits of it, but if you compare me to people in tutor... then I don't know much at all
I guess we're on the same boat here (I don't have tutoring for chem, phys, english and business)

I find that you shouldn't be intimidated by people doing tutoring though :)

Prior to my physics half-yearly one of my friends (He's pretty smart) came up to me saying how he'd already finished the catholic trial papers for the past thirteen years, he had a solid set of notes, etc. and at that point in time I hadn't touched past papers, I was still looking over notes. To top it all off he goes to Brian Shadwick for tutoring (i.e. The guy that made the Surfing Physics textbooks and the Dot Point Physics textbook).

When it came to the time of receiving our results I beat him by more than 15 marks and attained an assessment rank in the top 5.

That goes to show that even when you have the best resources in the palm of your hands it doesn't necessarily mean that you will get good marks. Just learn to use what resources you have effectively and you should have no problem competing :)

hollytrieu

HSC
N/A
I guess we're on the same boat here (I don't have tutoring for chem, phys, english and business)

I find that you shouldn't be intimidated by people doing tutoring though :)

Prior to my physics half-yearly one of my friends (He's pretty smart) came up to me saying how he'd already finished the catholic trial papers for the past thirteen years, he had a solid set of notes, etc. and at that point in time I hadn't touched past papers, I was still looking over notes. To top it all off he goes to Brian Shadwick for tutoring (i.e. The guy that made the Surfing Physics textbooks and the Dot Point Physics textbook).

When it came to the time of receiving our results I beat him by more than 15 marks and attained an assessment rank in the top 5.

That goes to show that even when you have the best resources in the palm of your hands it doesn't necessarily mean that you will get good marks. Just learn to use what resources you have effectively and you should have no problem competing :)
Thanks for the advice!!! Hey I use those surfing books for biology too! You're giving me motivation to actually try instead of sitting here not knowing where to start from! thank you!! I'll start studying hard for the rest of the holidays for chemistry

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Thanks for the advice!!! Hey I use those surfing books for biology too! You're giving me motivation to actually try instead of sitting here not knowing where to start from! thank you!! I'll start studying hard for the rest of the holidays for chemistry
That's good to hear!

Good luck :D

Also in regards to what I said earlier, when you get really good marks or perform well in comparison to others having done no tuition for the subject its way more satisfying knowing that you've saved heaps of money, time travelling to the tuition, etc.

IBEKEVINN

HSC
To top it all off he goes to Brian Shadwick for tutoring (i.e. The guy that made the Surfing Physics textbooks and the Dot Point Physics textbook).
Old topic but... that's hilarious. No wonder he didn't get good marks - have you SEEN the surfing answers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)