Find E for a redox reaction (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I need help with this question, I want to know why you flip 0.77 to -0.77, how do I know when to flip it? How do I know what reaction to flip in the future?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I need help with this question, I want to know why you flip 0.77 to -0.77, how do I know when to flip it? How do I know what reaction to flip in the future?

The values on the HSC Chemistry data page are given as reduction potentials. To get the potential for the reaction going the other way to that listed on the page (an 'oxidation potential'), the sign should be flipped (magnitude stays the same).

sharoooooo

HSC
Find what is being reduced in the equation. The number corresponding to the thing being reduced on the back of the periodic table remains the same for this.

But for the thing being oxidised, you flip the number :)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Find what is being reduced in the equation. The number corresponding to the thing being reduced on the back of the periodic table remains the same for this.

But for the thing being oxidised, you flip the number :)
The values on the HSC Chemistry data page are given as reduction potentials. To get the potential for the reaction going the other way to that listed on the page (an 'oxidation potential'), the sign should be flipped (magnitude stays the same).
Thanks!!!!!!11111111111

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)