Is it possible to succeed in Chemistry with only General Maths? (Year 11) (1 Viewer)

Okistone

HSC
Aka, how reliant would you say that the subject is on any form of mathematics and can I possibly make do and get away with doing a complementary General Maths course only? :frown2: Thank you so much for any responses.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Aka, how reliant would you say that the subject is on any form of mathematics and can I possibly make do and get away with doing a complementary General Maths course only? :frown2: Thank you so much for any responses.
Yes, there's essentially no maths in HSC or Prelim. Chemistry apart from things like basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, division (and using logarithms for pH in Year 12 HSC Chemistry, which for this subject doesn't require much understanding of logarithms usually anyway).

leehuan

HSC
I don't think any science course needs further than general maths tbh.

leehuan

HSC
There's a little trig in projectile motion, but besides that lol yeah
Trig is done in general maths.

It's not like you need a Pythagorean identity it's just the three actual ratios

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Yeah the HSC Science courses got redesigned for the 2001 HSC so that they could be done with only General Maths level of maths. Before then, I believe that 2U maths was a requisite.

leehuan

HSC
At the time it was meant to make the courses more accessible to students who sucked at maths but had an interest in the actual theoretical part of science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)