Need help with this syllabus point (1 Viewer)

shumphrey

HSC
In Chemical Monitoring and Management

"outline the role of a chemist employed in a named industry or enterprise identifying the branch of chemistry undertaken by the chemist and explaining a chemical principle that the chemist uses"

My teacher has told us this means that you need to know a specific male and female chemist , where they are employed, job description etc.
I think she might be wrong about this though because all online notes only discuss a role of a chemist e.g.- the role of an industrial biochemist and don't give specific names and details. In past papers they only ask to identify the role of the chemist.
There is a mention of a male and female chemist in the syllabus however it is in the skills section and referring to how secondary sources can be gathered (interviewing a male and female chemist).

Can I please have some help clearing this up

tigerkher

HSC
Honestly, I doubt it's ever asked in the actual HSC. For me, I remember my tutor telling me to just make someone up, just in case they ever did ask about it in the HSC. If you make it up, you should obviously try to make it seem legit.

Snowflek

HSC
In Chemical Monitoring and Management

"outline the role of a chemist employed in a named industry or enterprise identifying the branch of chemistry undertaken by the chemist and explaining a chemical principle that the chemist uses"

My teacher has told us this means that you need to know a specific male and female chemist , where they are employed, job description etc.
I think she might be wrong about this though because all online notes only discuss a role of a chemist e.g.- the role of an industrial biochemist and don't give specific names and details. In past papers they only ask to identify the role of the chemist.
There is a mention of a male and female chemist in the syllabus however it is in the skills section and referring to how secondary sources can be gathered (interviewing a male and female chemist).

Can I please have some help clearing this up
You need to know the persons name, where they are employed, and the job description kinda relates to chemical principle. So in short, yes you need to know what your teacher told you, but i havent really seen that question come up in the HSC. But who knows? Were the second last year of this last syllabus arent we? They might throw in some stuff that wasnt in the previous HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)