Practical exam Chen urgent (1 Viewer)

highshill

HSC
hi, i have an chem experiment exam coming up, but i dont know what to the experiement says that an unknown sample would be provided and we would be asked to find to identify precipitation reactions and using precipitation reaction to identify the unknown sample. i understand that i would need a solubility table and know precipitate colours but its too much to remember and i dont know where to begin. has anyone done this experiment before if so how and what are some common precipitates, i even asked my friends but they too do not get the experiment if anyone here could kindly help us it would be great,

p.s we have not done any experiment on precipitate so i have no prior knowledge on how to handle these experiments to make the situations worse and the experiment is the first day back

Thanks awesome:

highshill

HSC
Please can someone kindly reply I really want to do good in chemistry my half yearly were went really bad and I want to succeed in this subject thanks

Snowflek

HSC
Tbh, your wording is kind of weird so I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but I'm guessing its the anion and cation testing. If this is the case, you need to memorise the test for both anion and cation and the confirmatory test. I understand it can be difficult, but if you're in a lower ranked school, this assessment will really differientiate the top students which can boost your ranks significantly. Just incase, i suggest you memorise the solubility rules aswell as it will really help your understanding.

Edit: Can you specify which dotpoint this assessment will be based on?

Last edited:

highshill

HSC
Sorry about my wording, I wrote in a panic :cool: do you have any links for cation and anion tests

highshill

HSC
I don't know what dot point this refers to I just checked the year 11 syllabus

Snowflek

HSC
I don't know what dot point this refers to I just checked the year 11 syllabus
Oh... You're year 11? If so, ignore everything i said and provide me with the exact dot point and I'll try to answer your question

highshill

HSC
I don't know the dot the syllabus just says to to observe the solubility of salts using micro techniques, I don't know what dot point my teacher is referring.To the dot point of precipitation is more concerned with minor skill the ion testing is more year 12 like you said.

Last edited:

Snowflek

HSC
In year 11, you guys are currently doing the water topic right? Do you at least know which focus point this is on?

highshill

HSC
i think so the focus point is related precipitation, I believe we would be given a unknown powder and asked to find out what the precipitate is eg AgNO3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)