bad chemistry teacher (1 Viewer)

highshill

HSC
hi everybody i have a problem, my chemistry teacher rushes over concepts vaguely, i think his speed is fine but the way he teaches is really confusing, he is really a nice person, but the assignments demand too much, and we never end up finshing the practical, we are currently on energy in the preliminary course but i am still very behind, i always stay up late trying to learn the concepts and because of this i am very behind on my other subjects physics and biology exams on week 8 and i dont know what do i have a prac exam this wee ( read my chem prac urgent thread) and i am not sure if i will pass. any types on how to cqtch up on everthin in these 8 weeks i a willing to put on the extra help.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Try to focus on areas you are not that good in instead of spending time on areas you are strong in. Doing that should buy you some more time to learn the concepts. Also, try to look at past exams from ur school if you have the chance because they may ask some questions frequently throughout the years which means you should at least have some preparation through that. There's not much you can do about your teacher for prelim since it's almost over, but maybe just let him know what you think he could improve on I.e. How he explains stuff, so he is better in the hsc

bujolover

HSC
hi everybody i have a problem, my chemistry teacher rushes over concepts vaguely, i think his speed is fine but the way he teaches is really confusing, he is really a nice person, but the assignments demand too much, and we never end up finshing the practical, we are currently on energy in the preliminary course but i am still very behind, i always stay up late trying to learn the concepts and because of this i am very behind on my other subjects physics and biology exams on week 8 and i dont know what do i have a prac exam this wee ( read my chem prac urgent thread) and i am not sure if i will pass. any types on how to cqtch up on everthin in these 8 weeks i a willing to put on the extra help.
You have heaps of time before your yearlies, so what I recommend for bio is to find a source that has succinct answers to each dot point (e.g. Excel Biology summary notes, and I think Dot Point Prelim Biology is good as well) and just rewrite them over and over again (10 times for each dot point - this should only take about 20 mins a day if you're motivated). You can do the same for chem and physics, but remember to practise the maths in them regularly. If you don't have Excel/Dot Point books, just search around on BoS for some really succinct notes that have exam-type answers to each dot point.

Hope this helps. :)

DISCLAIMER: This advice will not help you gain a deeper understanding of any of the concepts, but frankly, you sound really panicked and you shouldn't be staying up later than you need to just to try and understand a few concepts that won't matter after this coming term. Like, Year 12 is a whole new ball game with whole new information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)