Shipwrecks and salvage (1 Viewer)

Steph

If I were you, I'd read through the Shipwrecks and Salvage section of Conquering Chemistry: I got all my notes from there

esther

HSC
hm..... i hab that book.... i just wanted extra notes coz my teacher isnt actualli teaching us.... shes just getting us to summarise that textbook ourselves....

Steph

my teacher's the same as your, by the sound of it
don't worry, i summarised shipwrecks from that book & i did fine..
if you're really worried, try "chemistry in contexts"..

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by esther
hm..... i hab that book.... i just wanted extra notes coz my teacher isnt actualli teaching us.... shes just getting us to summarise that textbook ourselves....
damn self-diected learning! spoon-feed meeeee!!!!!!

You got Joel Nothman's notes yet? They were the first Chem notes to be on this site I think, and they were brief but decent from what I recall. Read Longman if you get the chance.

Mighty Quicky

we got a chemistry test next week , and its about the experiment on corrosion rate of iron nails
with the experiment to u top up the test tube?? cover the nails with the solution or do u leave it half in the solution??

Mighty Quicky

we got a chemistry test next week , and its about the experiment on corrosion rate of iron nails
with the experiment to u top up the test tube?? cover the nails with the solution or do u leave it half in the solution??

mannnnndy

chocoholic
Originally posted by Mighty Quicky
well u have 2 do a whole lot of them.

1) u put a nail in a test tube with nothing else in it, this is the control. it also tests if air cuases rusting. (nothing should happen)

2) then u fill a tube with water and put the nail in. the nail can be fully or partly submerged in this tube. this one tests if air & water cuse rusting. (u should get rust in this one)

3)then u fill a test tube with boiled water (boiling the water removes any dissolved gases) then u put a plug in the top to stop more air dissolving into the water. this one is 2 test if water and water ONLY causes rusting (nothing should happen though). there is another version of this tube where u put boiling water in the tube then put in some oil which stops air getting to the water. with the oil one, the nail must be below the layer of oil. (u should get no rust in this one)

4) in another tube u put saltwater into it and the nail can be fully or partially submerged. this tests if salt has any effect on the rate of rusting (it should make the nail rust faster because salt water is more conducting than fresh water)

i hope this helps

spannar

can u believe that we've only got like 4 more weeks of school and the teacher hasnt even begun teaching the OPTION!??

btw, we're supposedly doing shipwrecks.

has anyone got notes on dat topic?

im starting to freak out now...since theres so lil time left!!
:(

gigi

shipwrecks is fucken boring!!
I think high school chem has put me off chemistry for the rest of my life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)